SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
I can confirm that the shipping of these cars is now days away rather than weeks or the vague word 'soon'.

I received these to post for you all from Mr Ferrari this morning...

Ogle, drool, gawp - whatever...Just get your Pre Orders in because these cars REALLY are one of the most eagerly awaited releases this year and retail gossip is that preorders are outstripping supply figures worldwide.

Anyway - spend a few minutes perusing the rest of these...

Enjoy! and more as it comes in...

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Mecoprop, I will keep you all up to date as and when I can...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Just pre-ordered mine from slotcity.

I've been looking forward to these ever since I first heard they were coming.

I'd have bought a slot.it R8 months ago, if the number 10 car (Perry McCarthy's) was in stock anywhere...

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here are some performance details on the real car, JUST for fun/ interest...

Specifications
Year: 1982 - 1985
Model: 956
Number Produced: 10
Engine
Overview: Six-cylinder four valve twin turbo engine, air cooled cylinder, water-cooled cylinder heads, four overhead camshafts with timming gear.
Displacement: 2650cc
Bore / Stroke: 92.3 mm / 66.0 mm
Fuel System: Kugelfischer mechanical f.i
Fuel Capacity: 99 litre tank
Horsepower: 620bhp @ 8200rpm
Torque: 442 @ 5000 rpm
Compression: 7.5 : 1
Induction: Twin intercooled turbochargers (KKK K26)
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual gearbox, single-plate clutch
Body: Carbon Fiber reinforced Kevlar
Chassis: Aluminium monocoque with plastic body, independent wheel suspension, coil springs with two brake callipers per wheel, internally ventillated dual-circuit disc brakes.
Dimensions
Length: 4700 mm
Width: 1990 mm
Height: 1080 mm
Wheelbase: 2650 mm
Weight: 820 kg
Performance
0-60 : 2.8 seconds
Top Speed: 219mph (352km/h)
Power
Horsepower / litre: 245.4
Horsepower / ton: 792.7
KG / HP: 1.3

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Lovely looking car, looks to me like a diecast.

Like Inte though, will pass on this one for the time being, probably because overdosed on Scalextric 956's (I know not comparable) a few years back.

Will wait for the initial rush to die down and then pick one up later - especially if Slotit produce the Rothmans/Shell liveries etc.

·
Premium Member
5,400 Posts
Oh my. That look fine and dandy and no mistake.

Think I might wait for the pink Fuji Golf/Super Cad livery of 1990.

Certainly, I'll probably wait until they get some decent rubber wear!

Of course, my will is weak...

·
Registered
186 Posts
QUOTE The interesting stat is Carbon Fiber reinforced Kevlar body - for a car in the early 80's!

It wasn't that big a deal by then- F1 teams had been using carbon for bodywork for a couple of years or so... I think the first carbon-chassis F1 car pre-dates the 956, but I'm not sure. It was cutting edge tech at the time, of course, but it wasn't really groundbreaking.

what made me gobsmacked was reading that the JWA gt40s had Carbon fibre reinforced bodywork in 1969...

oh and wankel, I remeber the pink 1990 962- I remember taking a pic of it during a pitlane walkabout at silverstone, there was a similar-colured and logo'ed running shoe tied to the air-hose carrier...

though didn't that car have quite different bodywork? remote rear wing, faired-in rear wheels, etc... most of the 962s that were still racing in 1990 were like that...

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
ddyke - Hi mate, I love your site - So much info! and I have to say that Victors rendition is still one of the best looking slot carsI have ever seen
and it is Lexan!!

Wankel - Hold on a moment there - You want a pink car after the cruel and inhumane words you had to say over my daughters pink Beetle?

She is still sniffling 3 months after the event!

But seriously you have lost me here...

QUOTE Certainly, I'll probably wait until they get some decent rubber wear!

Slot.It make some of the best tyres out there, what's the problem?

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
QUOTE Slot.It make some of the best tyres out there, what's the problem?

sorry swiss have to disagree, having not tryed NSR tyres at the moment I would have to say that Ortmanns simply outclass the slot it's in almost every aspect!

Inte.

p.s you have mail

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Which is why I said 'SOME' of the best, but remember Ortmanns are not nearly so well known or obtainable as Slot.It ones Inte'

PS: got a mail winging its merry way right back at you

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
I think, and I shouldn't rush to put words in his mouth, that Wankel was refering to the apperent move into tyre manufcature by SlotForum.

Scott

·
Registered
23 Posts
Really Great pics'!! I cannot wait to compare them to the Audi's!! What do you guys think?? Think the 956 will be a better car??

Lee

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok - EE NOW I get it - very slow last night

We also apparently are moving into rear wing manufacture

Lancer - Hopefully the cars will be a vast improvement, along with the new chassied re releases of the Audi R8C. The 956 also boasts a new chassis and running gear.

·
Premium Member
5,400 Posts
Sheesh. Scott saw it and this is the guy that can't see right hand bends at night!

See, told you you would not be allowed to forget it.

P.s. Everyones got email coming there way (don't like to be left out).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts