SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up 2 Slot it RAW's yesterday for a real good price of $46.00 US, great price but I don't know anything regarding the set screws on the chassis or anything else about these cars except they are fast. I'm running these on Carrera Digital track. I chipped the McLaren F1 GTR last night and the Nissan will be tomorrow. This car runs great, but I notice that the front wheels don't rotate when the car moves.
Here's my questions;

1. Can I get a little larger tire for the front? I really don't want to shave the guide because of ground clearence.

2. I run with magnets, what magnet should I use?

3. I believe the set screws are for ???

Any help would be great.
Al

·
Lee Green
1,995 Posts
Slot it RAW
The set screws go in the top/bottom of the chassis at the front axle and either push the front up or down depending on where you want it. If you still have the lugs that sit underneath the front axle that push it up , take them off thats probably why the front wheels are off the ground. As for magnets , you could just cut off the sticker on the flat6R and then that basically becomes one massive magnet...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the front wheels taken care of and I tried removing the sticker, but I need a little more magnet. I see there's a place for a magnet in front of the motor, I need to know which one fits. I purchased these in New York and it's quite a drive just to get magnets.
Thank you,
Al

G

·
Just out of interest, why use magnets on a car designed as an out and out racer?
What track do you race on?
Unless you race on a track with copper tape, removing the engine wrapper significantly increases manatraction as Flange previously posted.

·
Rich Dumas
3,683 Posts
If you run with magnets the car will be faster if the front tires do not touch the track when the car is moving in a straight line, some people like them to touch in the corners. With a single magnet you will probably do best with it placed behind the motor. If you add an extra magnet put it just ahead of the motor. I have lots of extra magnets, drop me a PM with your address and I can send you some! If you ever decide to run without magnets the car will handle better if the front tires touch the track and support the car at all times. Some people feel that cars with magnets are too stuck down and like their cars to slide a little, in that case the magnet can be moved to the forward position. On plastic tracks or ones with steel braid a motor with an open can will contribute to the total downforce that the car has.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am running on Carrera track. I race in my home for my own enjoyment and I race digital against ghost cars and I like to go fast. Plus the price of the cars were to good to pass up.
Al

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (RichD @ 26 Sep 2011, 16:28) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If you run with magnets the car will be faster if the front tires do not touch the track when the car is moving in a straight line, some people like them to touch in the corners. With a single magnet you will probably do best with it placed behind the motor. If you add an extra magnet put it just ahead of the motor. I have lots of extra magnets, drop me a PM with your address and I can send you some! If you ever decide to run without magnets the car will handle better if the front tires touch the track and support the car at all times. Some people feel that cars with magnets are too stuck down and like their cars to slide a little, in that case the magnet can be moved to the forward position. On plastic tracks or ones with steel braid a motor with an open can will contribute to the total downforce that the car has.
Rich,
Thank you for your offer, I work down the street from Great Traditions in Phily and Rich takes care of me very well. He has adjusted both the McLaren and Nissan for me and added thin magnets to the chassis, now the handle great on my track.
What do you know about the Scaletrix Pro Kits, I can get the Aston Martin cheap and was wondering if they are any good?
Thanks
Al

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I have to disagree with removing the label because as soon as I put car on the track it caused a dead short.I have other Slot it's and never had a bit of trouble. Granted this one my 1st RAW, but my 2nd one runs normally. Do me a favor, don't help me you cost me to much money! I'll get advise from other member.
Thank you,
Al

1 - 14 of 14 Posts