SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Slotcenter Nuremburg slot.it coverage...
Interesting- Have just been looking at slotcenter where the pictures from nuremburg show the joest "New Man" 956 in a recoloured "sport" box.

No word as yet as to if, to differentiate the car from the crystal case versions, it will feature wonky axles, out-of-round-wheels, sticky bushings and a special wrapper on the motor that says "shelf queen"

just joking, of course...

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
In the cabinet next to slot-it is a pattern or mold or something grey of a ferrari 250LM - any1 know which company this is? I dont recognise the black box and the writing is too blurred

Cheers

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Thats the new 250LM release from Racer yes.

I can also throw some accurate and bright light on the Slot.It boxes.

They will contain the 'Le Mans' series of cars that Slot.It will do and are doing now. They will NOT be Limited Editions in the sense that more of the cars will be produced in other display versions or have inferior parts, nor will they be more expensive.
Of course remember that ALL cars by ALL Manufacturers are limited in that they are not redone once sold out (well not for a few decades anyway
)

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
QUOTE (astro @ 10 Feb 2004, 02:31 PM)ah yes, thanks russell! But dammit, racer are too expensive for me

Astro,

ProtSlot Kit make that Ferrari as well and they are much cheaper than Racer (though, of course, more expensive than RTR cars) !

·
Registered
186 Posts
QUOTE They will contain the 'Le Mans' series of cars that Slot.It will do and are doing now. They will NOT be Limited Editions in the sense that more of the cars will be produced in other display versions or have inferior parts, nor will they be more expensive.

Cool. I never really thought slot.it would be putting out substandard cars, I was just having my little joke...

so what cars are going into this line? is it all the cars that raced at Le Mans, or just winners (as, ATM, all the cars have been of LM competitors, and the "new man" 956 will be the first on that actually won), or what?

though I suppose- as production runs, spec, and price won't change, it doesn;t matter...

was there any news of prgress on the 962?

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Thanks fast lucky, may will go for that... just have to work up the courage to try a kit again after the paint disaster on my mrrc 908... and i really ought to strip and repaint that first

·
Simon Moss (Undisputed #1 Racer Fan)
553 Posts
Why is "Slot.it" going down the cardboard box route. How on earth are we suppose to display them. They should carry on with the crystal cases so they can be stacked easily. Come on "Slot.it" think of the collector as well as the racer.

M

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
The picture link works now. That does look very similar to a "SPORT" box. Remember that Scalextric-USA are distributers for Slot.It in the USA so could the idea have come from them?

To be honest it does add a touch of class to an already excellent product and the Slot.It crystal cases with the screw on the underside to be fair are not among the best. Yes, I know its all about contents and not the packaging, but its the packaging that draws the punter in and helps to sell the product.

The best things come in small packages and you cannot get much smaller than a Slot.It package!

Moped

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
QUOTE with the screw on the underside to be fair are not among the best.

obviously stating that moped has NOT bought any recent slot it models.. talk to the hand!

cant see the point, I want to see the car on the shelf not have to go through opening them all and faffing around with silly squares of card, the other factor, a little info about the car and driver as per Fly.. hold on.. fly have got something right! their boxes, maybe their telling us something?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.