SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I greatly prefer the Magic Studios ARC Pro app for running my Scalextric ARC Pro track. All my cars with all 3 versions of the Scalextric digital chips work great. My issue is with Slot it and NSR cars I have added the Slot it SISP15B SSD digital card to. These cars will run but the app does not clock laps or lap times for any of these cars running the Slot it SSD cards. I use an Amazon Fire HD 8, (7th generation) as my computer for my track.

I am following the same set up procedure for all cars. I'd like to run some of these Slot it and NSR cars against the Scalextric cars. Any help to get the Slot it SSD cars to have there laps and times register in the Magic App would be appreciated.

· Banned
6,404 Posts
Hi Gravityguy... I suspect the problem here is that your IR LEDs are too far back behind the guide blade.

Either:

1/ move the chip forward if possible
2/ use the slot.it external IR LED kit
3/ do the grey wire mod to the powerbase to switch the lap sensor into APB-mode (this is a digital only solution)

Hope this helps... there is plenty of info on this forum covering all three solutions,

Enjoy.

c

· Banned
6,404 Posts
Gravityguy... would you mind please showing a photo of the underside of the cars please?

If its not the distance between IR LED and trailing edge of guide blade that is the issue ... the other possibility is that the guide blade is made of IR transmissive plastic (certainly the caae for white NSR guide blades). In this case you would need to replace with black guide blades or do the grey wire mod as above.

c

· Premium Member
3,088 Posts
Gravityguy... would you mind please showing a photo of the underside of the cars please?

If its not the distance between IR LED and trailing edge of guide blade that is the issue ... the other possibility is that the guide blade is made of IR transmissive plastic (certainly the caae for white NSR guide blades). In this case you would need to replace with black guide blades or do the grey wire mod as above.

c
I have heard this about slot cars fitted with white or grey guides failing to register laps, but I have a few cars which run NSR and MB Slot guides, which are white and Thunderslot guides which are grey, without any issues at all. By the way I run on Scaley digital and use both Scaley and Slot.it 15B chips.

Reactions: GRUNZ

· Premium Member
639 Posts
I have heard this about slot cars fitted with white or grey guides failing to register laps, but I have a few cars which run NSR and MB Slot guides, which are white and Thunderslot guides which are grey, without any issues at all. By the way I run on Scaley digital and use both Scaley and Slot.it 15B chips.
My ARC PRO wouldn't register laps (using the Magic app) on any car unless the guide was black...that was until I did the 'cut the grey wire' mod...as for the OP's original post I suspect it's as Doc C says and the IR is too far back. I run a lot of cars with the 15B chip with no issue on the ARC PRO...I did have an issue with one Scaley car (Chevy Monte Carlo) where the DPR hatch was too far back and no laps were registered. This was before I cut the grey wire so fitted a 7005 single seater chip instead...all works fine now.

· Greg Gaub
17,631 Posts
It's strange. Since it's all about IR, the color of the guide isn't as important as how well is transmits IR. For some reason, the white NSR guides have been much less IR transparent as the red or blue guides from various manufacturers. Black guides are pretty much always IR opaque. When my club races at my house, since the analog timing is based on guide sensing, we require black(ened) guides. If the guide is not already black, some black sharpie will usually get them through the night. If that's not enough, or they tire of coloring the guide every few heats due to wear, they wrap a small length of electrical tape around the guide, folded around the front of the blade so that joins don't pull it off.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Merry Christmas to all and thanks for the reply's. I measured the distance on the DPR chip sensor eye from the guide tail on one of my Scalextric cars and found a Slot it car where I was able to position the eye the same 16.1mm back from the tail of the guide. That Slot it car does register laps and times in Magic. Now it just looks like some time with the soldering iron, glue gun and drill and I'll have my Slot it and NSR cars running in Magic. Thanks again and best wishes for the New Year

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.