SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
I was able to visit to Dave Beattie at Slot Mods a few weeks ago and thought I''d share a few pictures.

Slot Mods recently moved into a new facility which Dave has wasted no time turning it into something pretty special on it's own. One might anticipate an operation like this to be a shop floor with saw dust everywhere but it was nothing like that and had a very polished presentation (like the layouts).

After a tour of the lobby, offices and woodworking room we settled into the "finishing room" (my term) where three tracks were underway for scenery. One, a 33x12 Riverside layout was getting close to completion and we raced on that for quite a while. The track was very smooth and a lot of fun.

It was a really neat visit and boy was I impressed with what Dave has accomplished. I've met some real slot car die-hards around Detroit (we have no shortage) and Dave is right up there at the top. I recall the first time I visited his house to see the Legends track and he pulled out a couple of 4x4 boards that he had cut slots into, taped, painted and was thinking of throwing up on eBay - kind of like he was doodling. To see that passion grow into this is really quite something.

Pete

Dave's feeling good! haha

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Great to see these photos. Thanks for posting them Thib. Good to see where the magic happens.

They're not accepting applications for a work exchange programme, are they?

Embs

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
that is crazy (in a good way) - congrats !!
Dave is very nice btw, I have spoke to him in the phone one of twice a few years back when I wanted to do an AC2CAR track CNC routed. He gave me some good info.

·
Registered
57 Posts
That looks great. Thanks for sharin' Pete.
I have met Dave and am happy for him that he has found a way to make this hobby a labor of love.

Pete, since you seem to have found time to post pics of Dave's tracks, why are you holding out on us with pics of your track?
I hear there has been progress on your masterpiece...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.