SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're flying off to Tenerife tomorrow
for a week. I was wondering if there's any slot racing close to Playas de Las Americas (we're staying about 5 minutes away) and if there's any model shops selling slot cars?

The remaining question is will the cars be any cheaper than in UK?

Sad aren't I?

Mark.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Oh, I went there last year. Very nice place. No slot car shops tho..

Is it warm this time of year? When we went last August it was actually hotter in the UK (remember the heatwave
)

·
Registered
721 Posts
So I'm wrong there is slot car racing on the Canary Islands? I can stay at a timeshare there pretty much anytime for free. So when IS the best time to go? I got it bad too.

Sea, Sun and Slots...what a concept.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DA, DA, DAA, DAA, DA, DA, DA, DA, DAA...E VIVA CANARIA!!!!!

Well that was a great week, but I couldn't find any model shops for slot cars - not that I asked any taxi drivers

Tenerife Karting club had a routed track, but it didn't look too good as the cars were controlled by a fairground style Low & High power lever. Karting was great though - I got the fastest kart in our group and managed to lap everybody in the 8 laps we had on the track!

Anyway, went for some retail therapy at Pendleslot today. Got a Cartrix NSX (Black Takata, Green wheels) and an F40 rolling chassis. That dodgy football club paint scheme (Celtic) will be replaced by a tasty satin/matt black job
Sorry J.D.

Mark.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts