SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Graham Windle
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive mentioned this before but had no response ,but here goes any way .Mick Lord andI have been talkng about the possibility of holding a slot rally ,you know the thing they do in Spain a lot with the corn flour for snow cocoa powder for dirt etc ,and now Ive got my Team Slot Stratos perhaps its time to try again to run this event as a one off in the quiet bit between the porsche challenge round at preston and the Uk proxy so that would put it at the end of july perhaps .
Still just an idea at this "stage "(pardon the pun) but asI have a rally track ,Nick Hirst has one and Im sure we can find enough odds and ends of various track bits to make some intresting stages it might now be a viable event.

Opinions please.

· Graham Windle
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
we are commited to august bank holiday for the proxy race so any time prior to that would be ok we were looking for about 5 stages run in both directions and maybe decide the weather on the roll of a dice for each stage prior to car 1 running on it ,2 to a team driver to drive navigator to marshall ,also allocate a time penalty to reverse direction for repeat stages. tming by hand held stop watch perhaps to keep the cost down . I can sort a van and drive to bring our stages no problem. just need to check the callender for a date .
John are you coming to Bolton for the carrera's if so I'll sort it with you then

· Graham Windle
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know Alan , Scott he used to be a member of Quorn scalex club and I remember his rally track If I have nothing better to do and I search really hard this week end I have a pic some where , but if jexy can help it was featured in the nscc mag about 10 yrs ago

· Graham Windle
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
ok guys looks like theres enough intrest this time round for a couple of events or may be a short series.
wehave maybe 4 portable tracks available so Its now up to you guys where you want to start rob has offered 2 dates ,who wants to be clerk of the course and orginise the thing,I know its my idea but I dont think I can commit to any more orginising as I have the uk proxy,p65 race and the bolon carrera race plus commitments to the audi and porsche challenges and I dont want a divorce,
Offers for the van and tracks stand just choose a date

· Graham Windle
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I have a small sand tex track 7x2ft ,Nick has an 8x4 I suggest also a single track return loop of carrera which maybe rob and rob can provide plus the 4 lanes of the main track for starters

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.