Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I'm heading over to Paris in a few weeks and would like to find some slot car stores in and around Paris.

Can anyone give me some names, addresses, web sites, etc. for places in the Paris area?

I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks ( or Merçi, I should say)

Wayne

·
Registered
153 Posts
QUOTE (Nuro @ 3 Aug 2004, 20:35)The easiest shop to get slotcars at in Paris is GetSlotted.

Excuse my French humour. If though you want to visit one, the best is probably Anni Mini.
Hi

i live near Paris

The only thing to learn is to FORGET Ani mini !

Yes it's in paris, and yes there are a lot of thing, but it is very expensive and she is not with good advises !

If you can go around Paris you must go to MONDIALTEC (here : le site de mondialtec)

here is the best shop i have ever seen, you have a lot of stock, prises are correct, and you have a 30meter 4line track were you can play

you'll tell me that anislot are great cars : i'll answer you that anislot was great because there were built by "Philippe" : Philippe is now working for mondialtec (its cars are mondiaslot now) and there you'll be able to see him! you can find in this forum my Audi TT DMT based on a Revel Easy kit made with his advises!

If you are french, ask me more details by Private message, or come and see me on my site, where there is a French forum (that is easier for french speakers
)
http://www.miniend.fr.st

Elicend.

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
You should try Anni Mini: the lady is very nice, very funny and very helpful.
At least she was to me a couples of weeks ago when I visited her for the first time.
Regards
Edo

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
Anni Mini always seem very pleasant and helpful at the Soisy swapmeet.

David

·
Anthony Bartlett
3,255 Posts
Hi

I must agree with elicend........ i am afraid. I have a buying policy - you can pull one over me - once........

I can remember when Mondialtec started off - about 15 cars and 2 tracks, and now is surely one of the best slot shops around - unquestionably!!!

Catch the RER A to Chatou-Croissy and then you will need to take a taxi from there, of course after having a beer in the village!!!!

·
Phil Smith
4,534 Posts
If anyone wants to go to the next Paris Slot car show (it was at Soissy) it will be on the 12th September and will be at a new venue, Salle Gérard Philippe in Sainte Geneviève des Bois just south of Paris.There is also a six hour race on the Saturday before the show, full details are here

Circuit Routier

·
Administrator
9,645 Posts
Nobody seems to have pointed out that Paris basically shuts down in August! Remember to call all these places to make sure they are open!

I've always found Anni very nice and helpful, but she is a bit of a character and tends to stir up mixed opinions. The shop is definitely worth going to see. It's about as big as a closet, but there's lots of stuff in there!

As everybody says, the guy who runs Mondialtec and Philippe are both great.

The other address in Paris is Squash Montmartre/Planet Toys. This is where the first commercial Davic system was installed and is still up and running. Race night is Thursday, but not sure if Fabrice is organizing races in August, or if he'll be there. He has vintage stuff too, but call first...
Squash Montmartre
14 rue Achille Martinet
75018 Paris
01 42 55 38 30
fax: 01 42 52 43 39
Metro: Lamarck-Caulincourt
Boutique open Monday to Friday, 10 am to 6 pm

There's also the Scalextric Club Ile de France (SCIF), modern slot racing at the Marmousets club, etc., etc.

Sounds like I'll be gone when you're here, but you can try sending me a message via SlotForum..
cheers,
Don

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
hi DGersh
I will be in Paris for 2 months in November and December to edit my movie.
I was wondering if there is a commercial track where I could come to race.
I also will be in Paris September the 20 and 21 so perhaps we could meet, if you want.
Regards
Edo

·
Premium Member
5,393 Posts
I searched out Anni Mini on my first trip to Le Mans (bit of a detour!) and was a little disappointed with it but still picked up a nice cheap Ninco as a souvenir of the jaunt.

Next time I'm over I'll have to add this Mondialtec to the itinerary.

[Edit]
Ooh, just went to the Mondialtec website and caught a glimpse of that Ligier of theirs. Suit you, sir!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Everyone,
Thanks so much for all the answers, I really appreciate it!

I'll be in Paris in mid-September (13th-22nd), so all the shops should be open.

Thanks again for all the info.

Wayne

·
Registered
153 Posts
Well

After mondialtec, which is the best one, you have another one around Paris, it is "Univers Maquettes" : He don't have lots of things, but he have a very big advantage : he is pleasant, and he try to help you if he can!

his shop is in "MEAUX" (nord est of paris)

i'll find you his phone number if you want! Tells him that it is "le monsieur à la parma" who told you about him on an english forum, i'll be very please!

elicend

·
Phil Smith
4,534 Posts
Sure you can't make it to the Circuit Routier swapmeet on the 12th.
There should be at least 40 tables there and the prices would be a lot lower than in the shops!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts