SlotForum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
QUOTE Does this make me the "club nutter"?

No, but the desire to make race cars out of old Jags does betray your previous hooby.

Now everyone will think you were a getaway driver!

Scott

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Update:-

Added a couple of large exhausts exiting out of the centre of the rear bumper. I possibly should have made them different sizes - the smaller one for the turbo dump
However, they'll do the job as they are

Still thinking about a paint job, although with the cold weather upon us, spraying the bus could be problematical.

Mark.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mr Material, your police van story cracked me up, very funny.

I built a police car out of a friction toy also, I think it is a Hummer? See picture. It is built up with Scaly spare parts I think, and a radio shack 11,500 RPM round motor! hehe, the motor is big, round and heavy and tilted up into the body. So this car has a high center of gravity. But it fish tails nicely in the corners and is fun to drive. Although I suppose all home builders say that.. you prolly wont catch many bad guys in this rig.

·
Jim Moyes
5,056 Posts
More silliness

The previously mentioned bus and paddy wagon plus a Motorway patrol type Range Rover- built as an exercise in making use of a mabuchi taken from an electric door mirror (Vanden Plas Montego for the detail minded)- and a Heller Renault Trafic ambulance. The mould subsequently used for Airfix Combat Van and BUM slot "motocross" van, amongst others.

Mr.M

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
compound_goose Posted: 16 Feb 2004, 08:24 PM

Learner Driver

Group: Members
Member No.: 459

difflock, where did u get the body for that bus, only i need one for a project im doing...... 2 motors s/w on of switch for each motor can be fwd 4wd and rwd brass chasiss, not a v good one but a chassis none the less..... uses beetle axels and weels, should b a rite laugh when i get it done...

--------------------

your brain gets smart but your head gets dumb

moved from simple construction thread by Grah1

·
Registered
325 Posts
Difflock, just for you!

i took it to Slot-tech raceway tonight, not sure if i'll convert it to a "slot bus". I've had it since i was 18 months old (I'm 16 now)
Don't wanna break it after this long, would look good tho!

James

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
UPDATE:-

If the Devil doesn't fart in my face, then the Party Wagon should be finished ready for Tuesday night over at Pendle. If GRAH1 will do the honours with his camera then the pictures will be on here in short shrift

The bus is sporting a matt black paint job with some garish rock 'n roll type stickers! Party on dudes and dudettes! EXCELLENT!!

Mark.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Cheeky git!..Of all the!! er..well they work don't they Inte?

Anyway as the song says "The wheels on the bus go round and round"

If the plan comes together I should be getting some photos of the bus soon. I'll hopefully give you the story behind the paintjob; It involves Difflock and his American cousin Detroit Locker

Mark.

·
Registered
325 Posts
you may need to give **** some time, while he finishes chuckling over that final. Was v. entertaining tho!

looking forward to seeing this bus again

Jimbo

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
I'm posting this lovely Noddy's Car converted by Graham Smith of the Southend Slot Racing Club. He does loads of very weird and wonderful conversions with a particularpassion for tanks!

David

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
wonderful well if Graham likes tanks then he and Jonny s should feel right at home
and that is rather a good conversion. Our Graham (GRAH1) isn't averse to the old slot conversions either.

UPDATE:- I'm busy tinting the bus windows black, shiny black, which on a matt black bus works quite well. I thought I'd hit a problem when I found my black enamel paint had dried out
but then I spied my sheet of black Solar Trim left over from one of my rocket projects

Soon it will be "Big ups to da Slot Tech massiv!! Ba Da Bling!"

All good fun here.

Mark.

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
These are more of Graham Smith's slot conversions - I know absolutely nothing about tanks but here they are.

Cromwell Tank

German Halftrack

Sherman

The only one I've seen running is the Sherman which is so low geared the motor screams flat out but it takes about one minute to lap the 100' club track.

David

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Someone at Wolverhampton has converted a tank too. Some kind of Panzer which was battery operated I guess. It goes well. I think all they have done is route power form a slot guide rather than the batteries. I could of course be boresighting the wrong barrel!

Mark.

UPDATE:- The bus is finished I think! (for now anyway). It seems Difflock's colonial cousin Detroit Locker came up with the goods

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Someone at our clu8b made a sherman tank. They put the electrics from a REv Start into it, so it smoked all round the track! Some one else made a car that smoked, but they cheated by using lighter fluid...

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Great stuff and nothing like mentioning the term `boresighting` to get an old Gunnery Instructor all frothy.

Great pics and I am enjoying the light hearted stuff at mo as pretty stressed about this w/ends meeting right now

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.