SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
QUOTE (CJA @ 6 Dec 2011, 03:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>1. The "air" type wheel eg NSR, makes it easier to glue the tyres on only around the edges, rather than across the full hub.
This then allows the centre of the tyre to "rise" slightly when treated with tyre substances.
Of course the same is achieved by normal hubs if care is taken to confine the flexi-cyano only to the edges.
The added flex, and increased diameter on the straight give a performance advantage !!.
Chris A.

I am not so sure that was the intentions of holes in hubs.

I would have thought the holes would have AIDED the tire centrifugal expansion, by not creating a vacuum between hub and tire.

Also note the extra folds of their extreme tires. This I believe would aid in this wheel expansion.

Whats others opinions ?

· Registered
33 Posts
QUOTE (CJA @ 9 Feb 2012, 19:07) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi RM,

we tried the Extremes, several of us, not just me, but they are not suited to our track.

Fine for a couple of Banzai laps, but pick-up is very bad, so, over a 3 min heat you are at a disadvantage.

Then they are for qualifying only then.

QUOTE I agree with your comment on the holes in the hubs, I can't see where anybody has said otherwise.

Are you arguing with yourself ??.

vbr Chris A.

Doubt it.

Did you read Danlemans first dash point.

QUOTE - What's the use of the air pockets in some of the alloy wheels? And does it make a difference compared with normal alloy wheels.

QUOTE 1. The "air" type wheel eg NSR, makes it easier to glue the tyres on only around the edges, rather than across the full hub.
This then allows the centre of the tyre to "rise" slightly when treated with tyre substances.
Of course the same is achieved by normal hubs if care is taken to confine the flexi-cyano only to the edges.
The added flex, and increased diameter on the straight give a performance advantage !!.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.