SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,785 Posts
Hi Danny.

You ask four questions.

1. The "air" type wheel eg NSR, makes it easier to glue the tyres on only around the edges, rather than across the full hub.
This then allows the centre of the tyre to "rise" slightly when treated with tyre substances.
Of course the same is achieved by normal hubs if care is taken to confine the flexi-cyano only to the edges.
The added flex, and increased diameter on the straight give a performance advantage !!.

2. As far as I am concerned this is not necessarily so !!. I dont know anyone who "prefers sidewinder for racing" !!. It is very much "horses for courses" obviously.
In 1/32 cars, the AW allows wider tyres with the longer more powerful motors. Altho all our top cars currently use Scale-Auto 30k slimlines in AW mode.
Even our fast F1s use Scale-Auto slimlines, tho usually the yellow can 25k version, obviously in-line drive.

3. I can't answer this, I have never driven on Ninco track !!. I suggest you call Pendles or another reputable supplier and ask the question of them.

4. I can't answer this one either, with 50 years experience I have never raced with magnatraction !!. Do you want to ??. I understand that there are closed cans and open cans and some say one has more downforce than another, to the extent that some are banned !!. Strange to quote actual speeds, where did you get those figures, and are they relevant ??.

Always willing to help any beginners in this great and varied hobby,

vbr Chris A.

· Registered
2,785 Posts
Hi Danny,

Wow, amazing, a club that limits slotcars by top speed !!.

How is that done ??.

Do you have a dynamometer at the club ??.

How does that take into account different motor characteristics, or gearing, or wheel size, or the length of the straight for that matter ??.

Wow, amazing. Where in the world are you posting from ?. Never heard of such a thing.

So you are supposed to be magnetless racing, but some guys are using motors with high down force ??.

Seems to me you need to change the club rules and get hold of a downforce checker, available at slotcar suppliers, and rely on that as a control !!.

Of course if you are a new member, that wont be easy, so best action is to use the exact kit that they are using !!.

That way, with a bit of practice you will be potentially competitive, and they can't ban it anyway !!.

vbr Chris.

· Registered
2,785 Posts
Hi RMA,

we tried the Extremes, several of us, not just me, but they are not suited to our track.

Fine for a couple of Banzai laps, but pick-up is very bad, so, over a 3 min heat you are at a disadvantage.

I agree with your comment on the holes in the hubs, I can't see where anybody has said otherwise.

Are you arguing with yourself ??.

vbr Chris A.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.