SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've noticed that there are a lot of parts out there but I can't find anywhere if they really improve the car.
So here are a couple of questions I'm hoping you can give an answer to

- What's the use of the air pockets in some of the alloy wheels? And does it make a difference compared with normal alloy wheels.
- Why is a Sidewinder the preffered choice for racing instead of the normal long or wide placed engines?
- Is there a guide that is best suited for racing on a ninco track?
- What engine would you guys say is the best engine for speeds between 25/35 km/h (15.5/22 mp/h) with magnet traction from the engine?

I hope that you guys can help me out with this. Even though some of these questions are based on personal taste.

Greets

Danny

· Registered
30 Posts
Thank for all the replies,

I ment to say anglewinder instead of sidewinder but i guess they're pretty equal.

The numbers and figures are standard race class rules on my slotraceclub, Some cars aren't allowwed to go faster then 27 km'h and I can't always get them under that speed because the engine is too strong.
The reason i was looking for magnatraction as you call it, is that some of the guys at my club are using those engines in a magnetless class and getting about 20 grams of magnet out of them. And that's why they've got quite a big advantage.

@ CJA

We aren't allowed to use lubricants of any sort on the tyres so it's all down to the grip of the tyre itself.
Does the the trick of the glued tyres on the edges of the rim still work when using untreated tyres?

· Registered
30 Posts
@CJA

I'm from the netherlands, and you can monitor the speed of the slotcar with an dyno that's been designed for RC cars butt can be modified for Slotcars.
I think it's from tamiya but i'm not sure.
It is measured by the wheels rotating on a rolling road, you can adjust the voltage so you can see how fast the car will go when you have a voltage of let's say 13.8 Volts.
In the rulebook it says that my car can't go faster then 27km/h in a certain class at that level of volts. So the cars stay equal.
We also have a magnet marshal at our club but the rules say; no magnet traction except the magnet traction coming of the motor. And then it's just looked at if it's under 25 or something it doesn't break the rules.

Since the last time, i've changed the Merc clk dtm that it's a bit more flexible and i've sanded 3 grooves in the rims and glued the tyres on them to create a sort of home made air pocket rim.

Thanks for all the advice, I will see if i can get any results with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.