SlotForum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Wanted to mention that I have a whole bunch of new stuff on my Website. There's a few minor glitches I have to work out, but hey! Wanted to invite you all to see the new place. Tons of new pictures, tutorials, and everything is sparkling fresh.

I'd like to hear your comments (dispite the glitches).

Thanks!

Tim Johnson
Www.SlotCarHeroes.Com

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yeeee Haaaa!

I fixed the glitches on my website! I am one happy camper today!

Have a look;
*The style sheet is functioning (now you can see the cool banners at the top of the pages)
*The Search engine is fully functional--it is a cool feature! Search for anything in my website.
*The feedback form works! (though I haven't quite figured out where the messages are going
)
*The Guest Book works! (I have to errase my 3 test messages
)
*The Checklists for the RTR's is working (again, not so sure where the messages are ending up---but it works!
)
*Visit counters are operational.

Thanks to everyone who's sent e-mails and messages. It's wonderful to have your support!

Tim Johnson
Www.SlotCarHeroes.Com

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Just wanted to add a report on the website.

Been receiving a few e-mails this week after my updates on Monday. Some folks have reported that they weren't able to navigate or view the website. The website is up and working, so there doesn't seem to be a problem from my end.

I think these random issues that a few people are experiencing may be attributed memory cache not clearing, either on the individuals PC or on their specific servers. I corresponded with an IT friend of mine, and you can clear your PC's cache by holding the CTRL button while pressing the refresh button in the browser. If this doesn't work, you may have to wait a day or more until the server memory clears.

My appologies for any inconveniences.

And many thanks to the folks that are having a look around the website. I'm still lagging behind this week, hoping I can add a few more pictures next week.

Tim Johnson
Www.SlotCarHeroes.Com

·
Premium Member
5,397 Posts
Hate to break it to ya' Slidey but some of your customer's problems with the navigation are down to the build of your site not their browser - those funky applets that Frontpage offers you don't show to some who don't have Java running and who shun Internet Explorer as a blight to the internet.

Ditto the rotating image center stage.

If you keep it simple you might get visitors who stay and look around.

Message me if none of the above makes sense.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Wankle,
Thank you for your message. This is the kind of feedback I need to hear about. I'm by no means an "expert web builder", just using software and tools that are available to me.

The three e-mails I received expressing a problem did not explain what web browser they were using. The issues they had described seemed to be related to memory cache, as they were describing recognized glitches that were occuring over the weekend, not of how the website has been operating since Monday.

I would like to know what browsers people have accepted as their own, and are using that are having difficulties with viewing my website. Then I can do appropriate tests to see for myself, and make an analysis of what needs to change. Please feel free to send me an e-mail.

Thanks!

Tim Johnson
Www.SlotCarHeroes.Com
[email protected]

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sorry SlideRule but as soon as I click you hyperlink my web browser window closes completely, I use IE 6.02800 with SP1. This has happened me once before about a month ago, funny that was a slot car site too, Bumslots homepage
so I dont know if it is my problem or the sites.

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Hi Tim

I'm running MS XP on a high-speed ASDL and I don't appear to have any problem. Nice looking site.

One comment, if I may. There appears to be too many sub-menu's, resulting in quite a bit of navigation to get to where you want to be. For example, I was interested in your motors and had to follow the following links just to get information and prices:-

Home> Parts Store> Motors & Gears> Price List> Parts Prices> Part Prices> Page 3>.

Perhaps this could be simplified?

The SunTech motors look interesting -- lots of possibilities for modifying them with the external brushgear arrangement. I shall have to order some from you. Do you accept credit cards? PayPal is not an option in this part of the world.

Kind regards

Russell

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Russell,
Thank you for your comments!
Actually, I think you may have taken the long way around to see the motor prices.

Home>Price List> part prices> motors & gears

My Parts Store (and other store pages) lead to the photo galleries of the items I carry. Prices are all centrally listed in the Price List pages.

I'm sorry on the Credit Card thing, I only accept CC payments through PayPal. Drop me an e-mail and we can discuss International payment options.

Thanks!

Tim Johnson
Www.SlotCarHeroes.Com

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi

Today I reinstalled windows, IE 6 and all windows updates
I must be mad, but it annoyed me that I could not access a site, it just happens to be yours, anyway just tried again and as before my browser window instantly shuts

any ideas anyone?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts