SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Marc Abbott
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The issue 2 Hard Copy is available from Lulu as from now.

Sunsetman will endeavour to get the pdf link up and running ASAP.

In this issue:

Pit Board:
Hello again!
A look at The Slot Fest at Gaydon, plus, we have another great competition... this time to win a fantastic Aston Martin, courtesy of Scalextric.

Making a Scene:
Digging the dirt down under
Lynne Haines shows us how simple things like dirt can be used to transform the look and feel of your race track.

'N'-Joyment of Ninco:
by Peter Solari
Peter Solari loves the Ninco brand and takes time out to tell us just why he regards it as the best all-round slot company in the business.

Foreign Affair:
The Slot Tour Auto 2011
Rui Costa gives an insight into a fabulous weekends racing on a multitude of different track types and surfaces.

Stripping!:
Graymalkin continues his NasCar relivery
Part two of Richard's work on our Nascar, where he takes us into the realms of stripping back to the bare body.

HO Grand Prix:
2011 UK Slot Car Festival report
Alan Player gives us the story of the biggest little slot car race at the Festival and also reflects on the impression the racing made on visitors.

That's a slot car, that was:
Speed is the key with BSCRA cars!
Most people that race Scalextric type cars have no real conception of how fast these hand built BSCRA cars can go... Nick Thrower explains all.

Club Focus:
Tyneside Slot Car Club
Stephen Owens takes time out from racing to tell us all about a new club racing 1/32 scale cars on a routed track in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne.

Dilworth's World:
Scientific study at The University Of Ilfracombe
Yes, there really is a scientific way to understand the difference between a slot car collector nerd and a slot car Neanderthal racer.

Happy reading

ABBO

·
Registered
503 Posts
Gentlemen:

I am impressed. There was an e mail in my inbox advising me that the PDF version was available. When I purchased the issue the link to the PDF file arrived in a nanosecond (I timed it). The PDF file downloaded automatically to my iMAC and is now saved in my Slot Car Mag folder. How good is that?

But wait there's more:

1) I loved the article on dirt. Per chance was that authored by anyone we know?
I think you'd be wise to recruit the writer as a permanent correspondent.

2) I was appalled --no horrified by the article on er.. I think you referred to them as Superlight Racing Cars. It brought tears to the eyes of this rivet counter.
Seriously-it is fun to see what's going on in the Dark Side of racing. Besides I now feel that my scratch building hobby is rather economical all things considered.

3) I returned to SF and noted that the link to the hardcopy has been added to the thread. So I am about to purchase the hard copy as well. This stuff is just too good to sit on the hard drive of my Apple or printed on paper stock from my little ink jet printer. Besides given the great colour I'm sure it makes way more sense to buy a high quality copy from you rather than to run through those pricey ink jet printer cartridges.

4) Next item on my agenda will be to answer the monthly quiz and win an Aston Martin. (That's how it works right?
)

Keep up the great work!

Cheers

Mark

·
Marc Abbott
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE I loved the article on dirt. Per chance was that authored by anyone we know?

Of course!

Can't think of many Ladies that are on here that come from down-under...

ABBO

·
Registered
385 Posts
Careful Mark you'll give us a big head but in all seriousness I'm glad you liked it and all went smoothly after me spending almost 3 hours last night sorting out the link download pulling my hair out you gotta love the internet lol.

As for the dirt I'm hoping that particular writer will be with us for the foreseeable future talking all us less fortunate scenery makers through the ins and outs of all things scenery.

I couldn't believe the prices either but as they say each to there own.

Cheers the team

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Brilliant magazine lads & thanks for the great article on the Tyneside club

I'm famous at last

Cheers Paul.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Great magazine again, some great articles and features once again.

I loved the article on our club but then I would say that as I wrote it!

Thanks again for publishing it.

stephen

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
I purchased the PDF but I am yet to receive the download instructions, is there a step I have missed out on?

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Sorry but still nothing. I haven't even had the email to remind me about issue No.2 - have checked my spam mail and nothing is blocked. Any chance somebody could send me download link via PM please?

·
Registered
993 Posts
Great to see so many sorts of slot cars covered.

Quite why anybody should be appalled --no horrified by an article on something other than their favorite branch of the hobby is a bit of a mystery.

Keep up the good work covering all sorts of slot racing.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I shall try to remember to confine my (failed) attempts at humor to my blog.

I actually enjoyed the article on super lightweight cars (I don't want to offend anyone's sensibilities by calling them thingies). I don't see these cars very often, and it's interesting to to read about other sides of our hobby.

Keep up all the good work--I very much appreciate that you cover a wide range of activities.. HO, RTR, club racing, track building and scenery, car reviews, and.. oh yes, scratch building.

Cheers,

Mark

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Got my hard copy in the mail yesterday. Once again, it looks good lads. Well done.

Only quibble I have is with the colour of the cover, but that is more likely a fault of LuLu than you. Looks very pinkish. The colour is most obvious in the insert photo of the Aston. Colour of it on the inside is fine. Of course, I probably wouldn't have noticed the colour issue if they weren't my photos on the cover.

Seems also to have been an issue with page sizing this time round. Seems the file width might've been a little wrong as each page over-runs onto the next a little. Although, it could be only my copy. Wondering if this is because your file was submitted as individual pages format rather than twin page spread like last time. Might be worth enquiring.

Embs

·
Marc Abbott
1,915 Posts
Hi Ember

As I said in my PM - Lulu uses (I believe) different printers throughout the world, so yours, I would think, was done at a different location from mine. Mine came out perfect - only the front cover being a tad dark. Don't forget to send me that email when you get the chance

Also, I've just received this email from LULU:

Enter coupon code SUNSHINEUK305 at checkout and receive 20% off your order. The maximum savings for this coupon is 250 Pounds. Offer good towards print costs only - shipping and tax amounts are excluded. You can only use the code once per account, and you can't use this coupon in combination with other coupon codes. This great offer ends on 30 June 2011 at 11:59 PM so try not to procrastinate! While very unlikely we do reserve the right to change or revoke this offer at any time, and of course we cannot offer this coupon where it is against the law to do so. Transaction must be in Pounds.

Is this only open to me or is it something anyone can use. I'm going to use it to buy three copies for someone else that doesn't use the internet.

ABBO

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Damn... you post that after I've already done a big Lulu shop, Slot Car Mag and a bunch of other books.

Timing has never been my strong point.

Embs

1 - 20 of 21 Posts