SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Marc Abbott
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

SlotCarMAG issue 3 is due out in a few days.

We are pleased to announce that you will be able to purchase a copy from Pendles (www.pendleslotracing.co.uk)

It's taken a long time to source a printer that could meet our demands for price and rest assured the print quality is very good - the only difference being, there will be no laminated cover and they'll be some eye candy on the inside back and front.

Copies will be with Sean and the team by Tuesday and hopefully they will be available ASAP

Laminated copies can still be sourced from Lulu as well (www.lulu.com/uk) as this will give us a constant source of back issues.

Also, the good old pdfs are obviously still available, via our own site (www.slotcarmag.co.uk)

I'm sure you'll agree that this is a good move and it will enable people in hard times to help watch the pennies!

Have a good read.

Marc

·
Marc Abbott
1,912 Posts
As a preview to what's inside...

Tom Tom - It's been discussed on here in the past... but after some very hard searching we have come up with some new images (thought to be lost forever). The producer of the show, Barry Paine, gave us some great hints on where to access items and was a great source of memories.
All you youngsters out there - you don't know what you missed!!! Slot Cars on the TELLY - depicting the previous weekends Grand Prix.

George Turner Models - We had a good chat with George and he sent us some fantastic kits for you to win!

Kastleburg raceway - Just see what you can achieve with an HO circuit and some scenery!

also - CARTRIX, EAST DEVON SLOT RACING CLUB, MRRC PORSCHE 910, Part 3 of Graymalkins NasCar revamp and.... win one of two hi spec motors from ProSlot

Marc

·
Ric Woods
817 Posts
If you pop back up to the Retailers' News section, you will see the great news that Pendle now have SlotCarMAG for £4.00 (inc. P&P) to SF members, and there is a great way to get a FREE copy. As I say, details are in their post above. You can, of course, still obtain the mag as a PDF and through Lulu as well.

Cheers all

Mooster

·
Marc Abbott
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just like to say a big "thank you" to the team at Pendles for stocking the magazine.

ABBO

·
Marc Abbott
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Wayne
I see that the pdf link is now up and running on our site.

ABBO

·
Marc Abbott
1,912 Posts
Also... We've had a number of people say that they can't find a link to SlotCarMAG on the Pendle site.

Their web guru is on holiday, so their site won't be updated until next week, I believe. Therefore a good old fashioned phone call will do the trick.

Sean says "just list it as SCM issue 3 in your order, and we'll know what you mean".

Also - don't forget their offer:

LINK

Thank you all for your interest

ABBO

·
Registered
503 Posts
Are you distributing the printed copies through Pendles rather than Lulu? I guess I missed something. If that's the case, I'll go to the link you just provided and place an order.

Slow on the uptake.

Mark

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Ooooh, wasn't aware that the new issue is out... Any chance you guys can email everyone who bought any of the previous issues to let us know when the next one is out?

·
Registered
385 Posts
I did send an email out to all who were on the list of people who previously bought the pdf copy maybe its not as comprehensive as I thought.

Cheers Wayne.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
QUOTE (sunsetman @ 22 Aug 2011, 15:17) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I did send an email out to all who were on the list of people who previously bought the pdf copy maybe its not as comprehensive as I thought.

Cheers Wayne.
I didn't get an email & I've bought all the editions ... but anyway I don't need it as I subscribe to the "current issue" forum

·
Marc Abbott
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Chris

Just to make sure you didn't drop off the list - PM Sunsetman your email and he'll make sure.

Also - we're now listed on the getslotted.co.uk site too for hard copies.

thanks

ABBO

·
Registered
503 Posts
The "Nostalgia" Issue just arrived. It's wonderful. Given my interests, I couldn't help but enjoy this issue.

I'm going to keep buying your magazine even though I protest your policy of only accepting entries from a UK mailing address for this month's competition. Especially since I know the answer. And I was already making space for the George Turner car.

Cheers,

Mark

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
QUOTE (Bigskybanker @ 30 Aug 2011, 11:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm going to keep buying your magazine even though I protest your policy of only accepting entries from a UK mailing address for this month's competition. Especially since I know the answer. And I was already making space for the George Turner car.

I had to quote their own 'fine print' back to them when Abbo asked me f I was entering the competition.

Looks like I'll have to get my George Turner cars the old fashioned way too.

Embs

·
Anthony Bartlett
3,255 Posts
So - received my copy from Pendle yesterday.

It is a good magazine with great photography, and articles by those that know.

Some constructive comments..... my favourite reads are 'how to's' - whether it be painting (as you have done) building cars or tracks. So I hope you include more to avoid being simply a mag with pic's of new cars. The biggest following of threads on this forum (in my opinion as I do not want to start debates) are the building of tracks, with cars close behind.

Looking forward to seeing you grow!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts