SlotForum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Marc Abbott
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi everyone.
The above pic shows issue 5 in it's two formats. (left is the Lulu version (24 pages plus cover) and right the Pendle and pdf version (28 pages plus 4 page cover).

Also usual a fabulous prize to be won - another of George Turners very impressive kits (I've made one of these and it's straightforward, but more importantly it looks the business).

PDF copies are available now as is the Lulu version

The Pendle version will be delivered on Monday and hopefully you'll be able to order by Tuesday of next week (20th Dec).

From all the team - a very happy Christmas to everyone and of course a trouble free new year!

ABBO

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
My Lulu copy arrived today. Another good job lads. A feast for the eyes as always.

And the good news Abbo, none of that blimmin' annoying page creep! Yay!

·
Marc Abbott
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Lynne

I'm still awaiting someone to ask what those weird symbols on the cover are for :)

Marc

·
Tom Brown (Scorpus Flex)
1,214 Posts
I really enjoyed this issue, i am being honest when I say this mag gets better with every release.

embers guide to making concrete is really good, can I just ask what type/brands of paint are used? Im guessing by the colour names its just normal artists acrylics but I could be wrong. Im more interested in the washes, I use a water/model ink mix myself but it comes out shiny and wouldnt look like faded paint on concrete at all.

The centrefold picture is a nice idea too.

and is it just me or is the page count getting bigger?

cheers

tom

·
Marc Abbott
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Ironman

Thank you for your kind comments. Hopefully Ember will answer soon about the paints and her technique.

Yep - we managed to get another 4 pages on the Pendle version and pdf version.

ABBO

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Hi Tom. Thanks for the comment. I do use normal artist's acrylic. The majority of tubes I have are fairly old but quality lasts. They range from "Windsor & Newton" ("artist" quality ie. real pigments) down to "student" quality from "Jo Sonja". The most recent purchases have been Chromacryl (cheaper 'student' range).

The washes are mixed with water. If I'm mixing a "glaze" I'll mix with "matte acrylic medium". The medium is added to retain some paint texture.

I'm wondering if I should do an article on paints, techniques and a little bit of colour theory.

Embs

·
Registered
385 Posts
Lynne I believe that article is just what the doctor (read me) ordered as I'm hopefully not far from starting my scenery.

Thanks Wayne

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hey great, I didn't know its existence until now, I just downloaded all back issues to read on my iPad! Very reasonable priced!

·
Ric Woods
817 Posts
Thanks a lot, Martin, I hope you enjoyed them. The last pieces of issue 6 are just being put into place.

Cheers

Mooster

Editor - SlotCarMAG

1 - 16 of 16 Posts