SlotForum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Well boys. My printed copy turned up today, fresh from Lulu's pet Melbourne printer. Looks a million bucks again. So much better to hold it in my hands and turn the pages. The photos just exude life and colour. Another issue well done.

But, damn Lulu! They've developed an extreme page creep again! I'm trying to decide if it's worth going through all the hassle of reporting it to Lulu and waiting for them to actually respond.

Received issue 7 from Lulu yesterday. It looks gorgeous as always, and the content is again enticing. Perhaps now I will finally get on with building my own trackside shed...

I wonder, does Lulu allow one to place a standing order? That way I would automatically receive each issue from them - charged to my credit card. No offense intended to Pendle Slot, but when I visited their site to order the UK edition (a few issues back) I couldn't figure out how to select and order the mag. Anyway, the mag from Lulu looks great and arrives quickly, so I'm happy.

Keep up the wonderful work!

Cheers,
Phil from Nebraska

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Hi Phil

I don't think there is a facility for that on Lulu.
You could email sunsetman and aks him to put you on the notification list. That way at least you'll know as soon as an issue is released.

kind regards

ABBO

Issue 7 arrived from Lulu on Friday. Yay!

Brilliant idea to ask Jay Laverty to write a piece on weathering.

As for the 'mechanic' on page 16, How does a 1/32 figure blown up to that size, still look so good? However, given the pose, I suspect that Lynne selected that photo for reasons other than showcasing her painting expertise.

Keep up the good work!

I just sent a bunch of support photos and let Abbo do the hard work of picking what to use Mark.

Gonzo is one of the Motorheads mechanics. I really wish they'd do some more 1:32 scale ones. He's just been 'dirtied up' a little with some 'Devlan Mud' from the Citadel range of paints for table top game figures. Never used it before, but I was given a pot to try. Actually, looking at the page now (couldn't remember which photos got printed) he's a little in need of a spray of matte clear and his tyre needs truing.

Here's the original photo with Nick as well.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.