2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Ember 
#1 ·

Hi all

Issue 9 is available.

you can find it on Lulu here:

LULU link

Other hard copies are on their way to Pendles right now:

PENDLE link

and pdf copies are available from our web site.

Hope you enjoy!

ABBO

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Another great issue ... but where is the competition hidden
? If you've run out of prizes you could always offer a year's sub.

I hate to criticise 'cos it's all too easy and you're doing a great job. But I just wanted to make a small comment as I don't think you did justice to the SCS wireless controllers in your short review - I've been using them intensively for 6 months and they are a real revolution in SSD - they're fab and affordable!
Also, the big USP is you don't need a laptop as is maybe implied in the pic (or indeed any other additional equipment) - you can just plug the receiver into a mains plug with a USB socket (like you get with the smart phones now).
These developers need all the support they can get to help them succeed and continue development in a relatively small niche market. Maybe you could have sought some input from the experienced SSD users on Slotforum. There's a dedicated thread in the SSD forum as well as a thread comparing the different systems

Keep up the good work chaps - looking forward to issue 10.
Chris

Edit: Letters page is a good suggestion (Montoya1 below) - maybe something like a few Waspslot urethane tyres (or one of the other Slotforum members cottage industry products) for the star letter?

#4 ·
Thanks for the kind words, Chris. The argument that I put to the other members of the gang that the competition wouldn't be missed for a month has been shot to pieces inside 24 hours, then. That's put me firmly in my place! We had a letters page in the mag initially, and we are now at the point where we can't expand the magazine any further without a big price hike. However, I do feel that comments such as your own regarding the SCS review would be a valuable addition to the mag, so perhaps we should look at maybe half a page of letters and see how we go. If we can do it, I'll PM you so you can write to us!

Cheers

Ric Woods

Editor

SlotCarMAG

#8 ·
Who would have thought that I'd enjoy on article about a rally track? And I'm intrigued by the idea of buying a bag of 6mm fake grass, throwing it at a board and watching it stand on end. (I may not have quite got that right).

I had a good chuckle reading Richard Bennett's piece on the Do's and Don't of assembly. I've pretty much made every mistake one can using superglue, so I'm loathe to try hot glue.. at least in the shop!
The only thing missing from Richard's article was a lesson on how to disengage the thumb from the forefinger once you've superglued said appendages together.

Keep up the good work fellows... Issue 9 was a gem, and I have a feeling that Issue 10 is going to be even better.

#9 ·
If you are stuck for space for the letters page, why not print them on your website and put a link in the mag showing where it is?

QUOTE (Bigskybanker @ 26 Aug 2012, 02:17) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only thing missing from Richard's article was a lesson on how to disengage the thumb from the forefinger once you've superglued said appendages together.
that was me, yesterday. At least all four tyres are stuck to the rims now, not to me.

#10 ·
QUOTE The only thing missing from Richard's article was a lesson on how to disengage the thumb from the forefinger once you've superglued said appendages together.

OR... the ultimate nightmare... you're in a rush to get your car on the line and want to give the gears a squirt with oil... and in a panic, you pick up the super-glue instead of the oil...

Yep - done by a certain John Taylor at Burnt Oak a few years back

ABBO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.