SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Rob
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all,

Anyone who's visited the 'Slotcarman' site recently will know it's a bit of a mess. I've been working on it on and off but to be honest I don't have the time and enthusiasm any more. The hosting is up for renewal soon and it's money I can't justify spending, so the site will disappear in the not-too-distant future.

A lot of the content is repeated here anyway, so it won't be a great loss. If anyone wants copies of any articles, photos etc just fire me a PM.

Other than that, I just want to say a big 'Thank You' to all those who've helped and supported me over the ten years or so that the site was running.

cheers,
Rob

·
Alfie Noakes
2,655 Posts
Hi Rob, I just wanted to let you know that I read your site pretty much from cover to cover when I first discovered the forum. The reviews in particular were really enjoyable and useful. So just a little belated 'thank you' really!
Cheers,
Richard

·
Jon Grainger
3,825 Posts
Agreed Richard, it was always my first choice for reviews, when I was thinking of buying a certain car. You instructions helped me build my first Penelope Pitlane chassis, four years ago. Thanks for your efforts, much appreciated.

Regards
Jon

·
Registered
325 Posts
Aww, a big loss for the slotcar community!

Thanks for all your informative articles and great photography!

All the best,

Martin

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Hi Rob,

I've only been back into slots for a year or so and I hadn't seen this site before & so didn't appreciate what you did to cars although I have benefitted from your spring cleaning with a couple of nice cars
- I'm on the cusp of getting into repainting and it really helps to see picture type stories.

It would be a shame to lose it all but if you ever felt the need, Google sites is free and pretty flexible, Keeto, on this forum, is using it for his slotcargeek site. I've been using it for non slot things for the past year and am impressed and there's no ads (yet) and haven't hit any picture/size limits.

Good luck whatever you get up to in the future.

Cheers
Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts