Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Here are the rest of the photos from the weekend.

Swissracer explaining how the scores ended up.

Mr Material over the moon at winning the Plain green Scalextric Beetle
CHAMPION OF THE WORLD!

All the cars from the open race.

The NSCC Vanquish MG race cars
Well done Thomas - see you at the finals next year!

Edo - A very nice man!

That's all the photos I took at the weekend - well the ones I'm prepared to post.

All that remains is a massive thank you to Swiss, Nuro and Thomas for organising and running an excellent weekend. We met some very nice people, had a great time, ate too much, drunk too much and probably took home too many prizes!

Looking forward to the next one.

Thanks again.

Gareth

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts

CHAMPION OF THE WORLD!

I think he was declared overall winner by Swissracer at about 7.00pm on Sunday night.

After a few beers, a very late night and a long drive home the following day we had PR'ed that title into something like Inaugural Intercontinental Multi-Discipline SlotForum Champion.

A normally modest man, I fear he is expecting to be referred to as such on club nights from now on. Then there's his liking for that fanfare played by the timing system on Suzuka every time he set a new fastest lap. Can we get it sampled and played each time he takes to the track?

We might have created a monster. Wasn't Frankenstein set in Switzerland…

Thanks for those pics Gareth, especially leaving out the ones of me!

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
I hope all bar the dozen or so people who where there will forgive me, but a week ago we were winding down from the SlotForum 1st Birthday Party at SwissRaceBahn. In fact, we still had an hour or so of playing, chatting and laughing to go.

The pics and Slik's video keep it fresh in the mind. I even felt inspired to tidy up my garage layout. It's still no Mugello though and the straights are only about a fifth as long as Suzuka.

I know the UK contingent are looking forward to seeing Swissracer (Allan) over here this week.

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
I had hoped to be there, but unfortunately couldn't make it in the end. It would have been nice to catch up with Xlot and Jexy1 again and to meet the rest of the participants. Has anyone posted a picture of Nuro, or will our leader remain faceless?

Looking forward to next year!

With kind regards

Russell

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
[EDIT: Finger trouble with new layout -- duplicate post removed]

PS: From X-Men, Nuro is one of a select few mutant Skrulls, possessed of the ability to stretch his body as well as tap into the nervous systems of others and link them together.Nuro is also a character from Gold Key, the villain who works in the background, never showing his true identity. His only goals, which have been revealed, are power, money and influence. Surely neither is related to our Nuro?

·
Registered
773 Posts
QUOTE (Russell Sheldon @ 4 Oct 2004, 09:45)[EDIT: Finger trouble with new layout -- duplicate post removed]

PS: From X-Men, Nuro is one of a select few mutant Skrulls, possessed of the ability to stretch his body as well as tap into the nervous systems of others and link them together.Nuro is also a character from Gold Key, the villain who works in the background, never showing his true identity. His only goals, which have been revealed, are power, money and influence. Surely neither is related to our Nuro?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

...streching his body (obvious) and linking to the drivers nervous systems to prevent them to beat him...

He's a real nice guy and it's been a pleasure to meet him - -and the others

But we missed you Russell! Hope to have the chance to meet you at Swissracebahn soon

·
Registered
446 Posts
QUOTE I know the UK contingent are looking forward to seeing Swissracer (Allan) over here this week.

Where will we be able to meet Swiss?

·
Registered
303 Posts
QUOTE Inaugural Intercontinental Multi-Discipline SlotForum Champion.

Hmmm maybe next time Ill see if I can come along too
It would be nice to see our IIMDSFC in action, now wheres my SCX 206

1 - 13 of 13 Posts