Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Lots of photos to upload so here is the first batch.

Pictures from the SlotForum First Birthday Party Concourse event.

I think that's the lot, let me know if your car is not shown.

Basically they were all excellent except for mine, but i haven't built anything yet!

Gareth

·
Registered
773 Posts
..thx for the pictures! Any more? I think it would be interesting for SF-members to know who built which car and which parts have been used!
FYI - Mr. Materials Subaru performed very well on Suzuka!

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I want to see more pictures of the two Ferrari F355's!

Can anyone tell me where to get the awesome alloys on them, from? Cheers

McLaren

·
Beppe Giannini
1,696 Posts
Actually, they're MB and would cost 20-23 Euros a pair - but now there's a much cheaper option :

http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4194&hl=

- photoetched inserts + brake disks, 4 Euros for 4
- "AS Racing" rims (front/rear), 20 Euros for 4

Inserts include BBS and 18 spoke styles - brake disks come right and left handed !! (wonder what happens if you put them on the wrong way
)

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
McLaren the Ferrari 355s are from Italy - Max Slot - Marlborough version and was submitted by Shotslot.
The other is mine and you can get more details of it HERE.

Cars were all amazing, especially the Toyotas, Mazda and Scoobie. Thomas entered the 1/24 Merc, the picture does not do the size justice but you can see the detail it is possible to get on cars this big.

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
To whom it might concern
the second car from the top (red color with "Club Zed" written in yellow) is a Milan Tomasek Mazda body mounted on a TSRF chassis. It was raced in the "Bring them on" open class race.
It has a NSR crown, hollow Slot.it rear axle, MB slot AS wheels with Ortmann tires sanded down to a minimum (thanks Overdrive!), TSRF motor and indipendent TSRF front wheels.
I sprayed a little WD40 between the steel pan and the plastic chassis (thanks Doc P.!) and used it also on the braids to clean them before and after every race (4 sets of 6 min each).
No weights at all.
The car was very fast and thanks to it I came in 2nd against a bunch of Proslot Toyotas GT1 in various state of tune up and a couple of MTR's also very fast.
The winner was a very consistent Slot.it Audi masterfully weighted with lead by Slotshot.
It was a very close race with the crowd cheering and I was ecstatic being able to fight to the last tenths of a second thanks to that rocket.
I believe Prof. Fate when he says : " I am not such a fast driver but I can beat them by tuning my car well".
Let me add my best thanks to Swissracer, Nuro and Thomas for the great week end and to all the guys that were there: you are very very nice people!!!
Edo (old emotional man)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hey there!

I think I can safely say for everybody involved that we were all very happy to see Edo do so well in the Open Class. I hope I don't embarrass Edo by sharing the emotion that was plain for all to see when he realised that he had come second after a very smooth and consistent drive throughout his four rounds. His placing was much deserved and upon the announcement that he had indeed finished second a wonderful smile crossed his face and lasted for a good long while afterwards.

A great moment that I hope Edo doesn't mind me sharing.

Cheers,

Julian.

·
Graham Windle
4,442 Posts
I really wish I d been able to make the trip but family matters got in the way ,Hopefully I can make it another time I really want to drive that Suzuka some time
Well done swiss and the rest of the team for putting the thing together and congratulations to every one else who made it your all winners

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Guys.

If you want high res files for printing (photos of the Concourse, or any others for that matter) drop me a PM with your email.

The files are pretty big so no dial up's.

Between 2-3mb each
3008 x 2000 pixels
106.12 cm x 70.56 cm
72 pixel/inch

I can re-save to tiff, jpeg or other sizes if you want.

Gareth

·
Jim Moyes
5,000 Posts
Gareth,

What happened to the picture I badgered you into taking of the "racers-eye" view of the car as it went around the back of the trees and up to the back straight?

Mr.M

·
Jim Moyes
5,000 Posts
That's the one! Ta!

Mr.M

1 - 15 of 15 Posts