SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· mac pinches
2,134 Posts
QUOTE (Dick Smith @ 18 Nov 2004, 15:38)Mac,

I had always assumed that you have meant to include al GP cars before F1 adopted the 1.5l formula in 1961. So to be pedantic do you mean pre-1961? This would then allow the cars in the last year of the 2.5l F1 to race, which i think is what you intend?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi Dick yes thats it befor the 1- 1/2 ltr cars hope thats clear, cheers mac p

· mac pinches
2,134 Posts
Phill keep the cars to recent manufactured stuff, this thing started just as a run out for the new scaley cars, then a scratch built class was added, the numbers that now wish to take part is growing by the day, if we are not careful there will be very little track time for each entrant. cheers mac p

· mac pinches
2,134 Posts
Phill i think you may be right, after a few phone calls and talks it would be better to open RTR class to all cars, its up to the driver wich he uses but as you say it will add spice, as long as the old hard tyres are replaced with tyres within the .320 rule . as the man say,s "make it so". ill have the details of the hotel on thursday. this thing has taken me by suprise, what started out as a runout for a couple of masers and vanwalls is now a monster! and i thought it was only i who liked old GPcars, and what about that banner!! thanks Doug mac p

· mac pinches
2,134 Posts
Gentlemen, im now compiling an entry list for the event, with a max entry of 35 drivers, {2 classes, 70 heats!!!} 12 places have gone allready so i should not hang around too long , closing date 17th of Jan. please e-mail or phone {01543 871849} your entries. please state the class you wish to run in. the track will be open on saturday for practice. we have arranged with an hotel to provid B&B and evening meal for those who wish to stay over night on saturday, if there is enough interest the cost would be, over 12 guests £25.00, under £30.00, as with the porsche challange, other people can take the evening meal with the guests, a chance for a pint and a natter befor the event at £5.00 per head, again please let me know your wishes. they have5 single rooms, 3 twins and 4 doubles + 3 mattresses as a standby. RULE tweeks RTR may be of any age, pre 1960, {if hard tyres are replaced, please dont forget the .320 width,latest issue car may be fitted with a better tyre. but no silicons}. you may run 1 car on all 4 lanes or a different car on each lane. if anyone has a few cars for display, pre 60,s please bring them along. i hope that has covered it regards mac p

· mac pinches
2,134 Posts
All serious competitors know the advantage of smaller wheels, wider body,s, extreme limit on wheelbase/track, we all look for that edge when compeating within our chosen type of racing through out the year. With early birds im trying to achieve something more than just another retro meeting. i would like to see an easy going social event without pages of rules and regs, a meeting of old and new friends giving an outing to old and new RTR,s and scratch built scale models of early GP cars, a sort of Goodwood festival for slot cars with the models being more important than the winners or the setting of the fastest lap time. It has been said im either silly,naive or just foolish to think enterants will enter into the spirit of such a meeting, i believe they will, just to be part of something special for one day of the year and possibly an ongoing event, so gents im asking for your support to make this thing work and uphold the sririt of the meeting. mac p

· mac pinches
2,134 Posts
Gentlemen, the entery list for the early bird GP is now full, we will be compiling a reserve entry list, if you wish to be registered on it please include your e-mail address. we have enlisted the help of a conservative, shy,retiring, softly spoken gentleman to cast his eye over the cars and up hold the spirit of the meeting, a Mr Ralph Parker
thank you for your support. mac p

· mac pinches
2,134 Posts
Graham ill get a who,s who posted over the weekend after the audi challange, Derek as long as the tyres are no more than .320 overall thats ok but i would worry more about the guide on the alfa, Ralph will be using a square on the front of the cars, it looks a bit iffy to me. mac p

· mac pinches
2,134 Posts
Graham, here,s the entry list for early birds, my god, if the devil could cast his net!!!! Andy Brown, Ralph Parker, Sandy Parker, Owen Cooper, Eddy Grice, Mike Perry, John Roche, Chris Woodwood,G Stephenson, Dave Lawson, Chris Pomeroy, Gareth Evans, Derek Barker, Joel Thura, Vic Bettall, MickKerr, Phil Smith, Alan Tadd, John Secchi, Graham Windle, Derek Cooper, James Cooper, Tony Condon, Tony Condon jr, Chris Frost, Milton Holland, Don Segal, with A N Other? Don Stanley, Roland, Mark Gussin, Malcolm Aird, Jim Pickford, Malcolm Sctto, Neil Tilsley, Phill Insull and yours truely, the high light of the day will be seeing Mark Gussin with acontroler in his hands, a sight never befor seen!!
mac p

· mac pinches
2,134 Posts
Yes Phill there will be aconcours prize, the emphasis will be on scale and appearance of the cars throghout the meeting not the chassis and its workings, that will sort itself out in the racing. with all my posts iv tryed to push the idea of running good looking cars of this type, the prizes will highlight this. mac p

· mac pinches
2,134 Posts
Thanks Phill for sorting Don,s lead out, Don, as for the surface of the track, we run a Porsche challange event that takes in tracks around the uk,there are poli painted,sandtex and plastic tracks, wolves track is a smooth sandtex, a rubbered in poli painted track is as close as you will get, we have found that pro slot tyres with a little oil work well on it, thats as close as i can get for you. mac p

· mac pinches
2,134 Posts
hi Don by "blob" body,s im thinking of the 1/4 inch high,4 foot wide lexon cars. although some vac form body,s are very good,they do not carry the same detail as resin or plastic and may reduce your chances in the concours. kit cars are in class 2,only RTR inclass 1. Ralph Parker will be looking at the cars,keeping in mind that peoples skills vary, 1/32 scale will be the guideline, if he thinks someone is openly pushing these limits, he will look unkindly on the entry!!!! this includes the wheels. what i have tryed to do throughout is keep to the min of rules, hoping that the enterant will keep in mind the spirit of the meeting and have a day of racing good looking scale cars, im relying on you guys, foolish or what!! mac p

· mac pinches
2,134 Posts
gentlemen, could the people who are staying at the hotel and the one,s who are taking the evening meal with them let me know what you would like from the menu as follows= starters, soup, pate, garlic bread, main course, gammon, scampi, spaghetti. with either chips or potatos, as the hotel can then stock up. please send your choice to my e-mail address to save clogging up the forum. when the early birds first got off the ground i thought there would be only a few RTR cars, and set the entery fee at £3.00, as you know it has now grown to 3 classes and will require 3 sets of trophies, reluctantly we will have to adjust the fee to cover the added cost, single class enteries will remain at £3.00, enteries in both classes will be £5.00, i did not envisage the event growing so quickly and have had to wing it a little mac p

· mac pinches
2,134 Posts
weight to be fitted only inside RTR cars, we can fit better tyres, add weight inside, if more connessions are made we will move away from the concept of RTR and have a modified class

· mac pinches
2,134 Posts
gentlemen, the track opening times for early birds will be as follows, saturday 11.00 am till 5.00 pm, sunday 9.00 am onward. entrants who are staying at the hotel will be given a map and directions to the hotel if they visit the club first, if you wish to go to the hotel first, let me know ill send the directions to you. Directions to the club. north on the M6 to junction 10A, take the M54 turn, travel to junction 2 of M54, turn left onto the A449, continue along A449 till the 4th island, turn sharp left , Strykers bowling is in front of you, take a right then left then onto the car park, enter the main hall, a set of stairs will be on you left up to the pool room, the door on the right is the track room. South on the M6 to junction 11, turn right onto the A460, travel to the M54, { junction 1} travel to junction 2, then follow the A449 as above
mac p

· mac pinches
2,134 Posts
Derek Cooper and Phill smith have asked for a table each for there spares, these we can fit along the back wall, each table will be 5 foot, if any one else brings any bit and peices it may be they will be in a small room at the rear of the trackroom as priority will be given to car boxes in the track room, it may be that a small amount of bits could go under the tables, but if you are in the rear room, wolverhampton club will not police this room so there safety will be your responsibility. mac p

· mac pinches
2,134 Posts
Russell i would have loved that car in the line up, but the entery filled up so quickly we had to forgo proxy cars, there is not enough time in one day to run the heats, i think we will struggle as it is! i think the way to go with the next one would be to have only scratch/kits plus proxy entery,s. there are so many superb cars out there , one would have no problem filling the entery list. i have to start to put a car together or ill be left out of this thing!! mac p

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.