SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
2,477 Posts
QUOTE (Nuro @ 22 Nov 2004, 20:52)On from what philsmith said: We could have a little side rule stating that only one version of each car can race at once so we don't end up with Fangio and his clone on the track together. If there is a dispute, the choice of who drives what, can be settled with the flip of a coin.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah and then we could end up of lots of two-man heats - Fangio vs Moss, followed by Fangio vs Moss, then Moss vs Fangio (for a bit of variety). Let's not get all het up over format and what's in and what's out, as Mac said it's just a bit of social and chance to run some cars that don't otherwise see much tracktime.

Coop

· Premium Member
2,477 Posts
QUOTE (dgersh @ 21 Dec 2004, 19:19). Would either of these help in tuning a car for your track, or is handling nothing alike?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortunately the track is like neither! (Assuming that by "polyurethane surfaced wood (MDF)" you are referring to a glossy surface). It's a matt finish and the roughness of the track is difficult to describe, although Ralph Parker summed it up as being "a far more fun way of grinding tyres down than putting them on the grinder".
Certainly some of my Scalex cars with standard rubber found more grip than they do on the Oaklands, glossy MDF surface.

I did post some pics but they are only an overview of layout rather than surface.

Coop

· Premium Member
2,477 Posts
QUOTE (Nuro @ 24 Jan 2005, 15:14)What's the story about controllers? I assume that there are baby-3-pin sockets at the club? Are there any adaptors available to connect a 3.5mm jack (Scalextric wiring)?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, 3 pins. Y'know international standard and all that....

Adaptors are relatively easy to knock up, the Crypt club had a load. This link http://uk.geocities.com/slot_racing/control/cont3.htm
shows how to wire up a Ninco 3.5mm jack to 3 pin, I believe modern Scalextric is the same (bottom of page)

Coop

· Premium Member
2,477 Posts
QUOTE (Nuro @ 25 Jan 2005, 11:30)What resistances are best used on this track?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not sure, I just plug my electronic in and fiddle with the knob! I've used a 45ohm and a 15ohm on this track with my Scalextric Maser, both seemed OK, but I prefer to be able to adjust the brakes so the electronic one wins for me. I'll bring the 45 and 15 along, which have three pins on them, so you can always borrow them and see if you are happy with the ohms.

Coop

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.