SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Graham Windle
4,970 Posts
Ive taken the liberty of picking the bones out of this thread for the benefit of any one whose not sure what we'll be racing . Mac let me know by Pm if theres any changes and Ill edit it .

QUOTE SlotForum Early Bird GP meeting rules and regs.

DATE Sunday the 30th of Jan 2005.

VENUE
Wolverhampton slot club, Strykers bowling centre, Showell rd off theA449, Stafford rd, 2mile from city centre, 3 mile from junction 2 M54,

TRACK 100 foot board and tape. Sandtex surface

CARS GP cars {not indi} up to 1960,

CLASS1
RTR cars i.e. maserati 250f, vanwall, merc w196, etc, unmodified except internal weight,

CLASS 2, scratch and kit cars of the same period.

Class 2 cars must be 1/32 scale +/- 1/32 on track and wheelbase.

Guides
must not be in front of front bodywork as seen from the plan view.

TYRES

All compounds of rubber type, no sponges. Max width .320 inch.

The meeting will be an easy going days racing with an emphasis on scale, so please no lexan blobs with 1/4 inch wheels 2 and 1/2 inches wide!!
If enough people would like Saturday practice the club would be opened,
Mac p

· Graham Windle
4,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
like you rocky I have replaced my vip tyres with silicon I take a plaster cast of the old wheel and tyre and then cast new silis directly onto the wheel works great and they dont wear out I use unibond premix black silicon and it sets overnight in a plaster mould

· Graham Windle
4,970 Posts
a point worth mentioning here phil is any one racing a genuine car from the 60s such as an mrrc merc 154 will find the guide sticks out a fair way as standard as will many period scratch builds as the old ecra rule used to state that the leading edge of the guide should be no more than 1" in front of the centre line of the front axle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.