SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Al Schwartz
3,416 Posts
QUOTE (Rail Racer @ 23 Nov 2004, 13:32)EM,
I will proxy drive your entry.

You should get it back just as you sent it to me as I not damaged a proxy car yet when racing them.

RR
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you - I'll get started - but no worries about the car - it will be, after all, a racing car and to quote from the redoubtable Prof. Fate: "They're doomed - they're all doomed!"

EM

· Al Schwartz
3,416 Posts
QUOTE (Mark Gussin @ 7 Jan 2005, 11:03)Hi all, here's a picture showing the Maserati 4CLT I'm preparing for Mac's race.

Regards, Mark

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Beautiful work, Mark (but that, of course, comes as no surprise) - and what, pray tell, is the provenance of the wheels?

EM

· Al Schwartz
3,416 Posts
I have seen and driven Russell's car. PdL brought it along to one of the Las Vegas events (Sadly, as many of you probably know, last year's 6th running is to be the last. Rad trax is closing - but the tradition goes forward and we will meet again in Phoenix (appropriate name) in April)

It is indeed very quick and easy to drive. I was inspired by his efforts to do one of my own, aided by his very generous gift of a complete chassis. Thereon hangs an amusing tale. BTW - despite the similarity under the skin, mine didn't go as well nor did it approach his standard of fit and finish.

I labored long and hard to build two exhaust headers - soldering 5 additional short bits to a curved and tapered piece of copper wire is not easy.

When I saw the original , it became apparent, on very close examination, that Russell had done it with a single wire and 5 carefully placed touches of silver paint!

The effect, at any distance greater than 6" is far better than my laboriously assembled part. It may well be that the genius of modelbuilding, as is the case in water color painting, is knowing when to stop!

EM

· Al Schwartz
3,416 Posts
QUOTE (philsmith @ 25 Jan 2005, 20:06)Now that's impressive,
Hope they haven't all got full width chassis!

No problem if they have, I have plenty of spare cars

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just went back and re-read the intial "rules" post and everything following - can't find any reference to "full width chassis" - What have I missed?

EM

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.