SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
DT
5,195 Posts

Firstly, NSR wish to state they will continue to produce in Italy, believing the hand made aspect and the European production enables them to control quality better and remain loyal to their customer.

There is currently still no official catalogue but one is in the works with the aim to clearly show their range and simplify their hop up parts catalogue with info and pictures.

All the cars in the classic range are (and will continue to be) specifically designed to run closely together straight from the box.
The 'nearly here' Abarth Punto, having finally received the go ahead from Abarth, will share the same chassis and running gear as the Clio (as will the next, so far unnamed release in this category apparently).

So what is new? when and where? read on by each picture...

Due around July...

Due April...

This one gets to the shops in October...

This twin set will be out for Christmas as a limited edition set. Absolutely fantastic to look at, I can't wait...

A surprise, still in prototype form, the 500 Racing Abarth is due to reach us around June/July believe it or not!..

Had me drooling
P68 due for release in September...

Finally to hit the shops next month, after some initial trouble with the Abarth licsence.Interesting that it uses the same chassis and set up as the Clio..

More tyres, the NSR range is huge and complex, the upcoming catalogue is being specifically designed to be user friendly when it comes to choosing parts...

Another taste of things to come...

You can get these in April...

The first one to the shops, delivering now...

New Mosler liveries are due in April and November but we misplaced the pics it looks like
we'll be back soon....

·
Registered
426 Posts
How long till the Martini 917's are here?!?! However long it is I don't think I'll be able to wait. Those and the Ford look awesome, and knowing NSR should go like the wind too!

What happened to the No.24 car at Le Mans in 1970? I know Hans Herrmann in the 23 car won, but can't find any info on a number 24 car from that year...

·
Gary Skipp
6,687 Posts
That Bravo looks nice, if suspiciously elongated. I think the 917 is the best model to come from Novello, its attractive and correct on the eyeball. And I am assuming its rather quick too!

·
Registered
710 Posts
I've always admired NSRs build quality, and you cant complain about scale on the newer models. In the past I've been reluctant to purchase due to the prices, but I don't think I'll be able to resist that P68.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Information added to original post.
Some answers to questions there too.

·
Alan Tadd
4,048 Posts
Nice looking but I want to be able to buy them as single cars not twin-sets............Sorry NSR are you going for thr Racer collector market with all these pretty boxes..............what we want is cheap blister packs to try and reduce the price of these cars..

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
70 Posts
Dear Readers
I simply attach same reply wrote in other forum :)

Dear Readers
just few words to explain our plan, but i have to remember again previous fact:
1- last 22 october we announced SET01;
2- in 1 week we received preorder of 600pcs, so we produced 1000pcs
3- we received preorder of only 80pcs from USA DISTRIBUTOR! Yes, it was ridiculous, but we received THIS preorder of 80pcs only
4- of course we sold out immediately 1000pcs BEFORE make them
5- during november we received order of 800pcs from USA DISTRIBUTOR!!!
6- I read on ALL forums that there was great demand of SET01 from USA, but it was impossible to make happy these clients... because we produced only 1000pcs and we sold out immeditely.
I wrote this fact in another forum, but i like to repeat it that it was not our fault.
I always have BIG consideration about american market, but if i receive 80pcs preorder... i never can produce 2000pcs.... please understand me.

AFTER THIS "DISASTER" (when i cannot make happy my clients, i say it is a disaster, because we care our clients) we planned to announce immediately in Nurnberg ALL future SETS!

SET02 Le Mans 1970 Porsche 917K #23 & #24 WILL COME IN MAY 2009
SET03 Daytona 1971 Porsche 917K #3 & #4 WILL COME IN NOVEMBER 2009

This to give RIGHT TIME to people, to client, to shops, to distributor, to make preorder in time.
End of february we will close preorder! Then we have to "race" to produce SET02 and SET03 to put them on the market in MAY and in NOVEMBER (NEVER MORE after Xmas!!!!)

This is "SETS plan". This to make happy AMERICAN PEOPLE first! (with SET03 Daytona 1971 :))
I'm not happy that american people are not able to purchase SET01 Daytona 1970, for this reason we planned to produce SET03 Daytona 1971 :)) I have debit with american people :))

Of course we will make single cars, of course!!! We are not stupid!!!
Sure, we will produce during 2009 year:
- Piper red n.11 Monza 1970 (will be on the market in 2 weeks)
- Sandeman yellow (still to decice race number)
- Piper green (still to decide race number)
- Gulf (still to decide race number)

So, we will produce during 2009 year
4 single versions
2 twin versions
also we will put on the market in APRIL (we need more time to prepare pieces)
1033 PORSCHE 917K with CLEAR BODY KIT (so all people can make theirself what they like :))

We hope to satisfy all NSR clients and fans with this strategy.

Best regards

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hello again
also i have to explain about different question received from some NSR fans :)

Starting from 2009year, all cars, all liveries will be "limited"; it means that we will never produce thousands for each livery, but we produced only 1 batch for each livery; when this livery is finished, is sold out, we will never make again same livery.
i hope to be clear (for example we will never make as yellow clio, produced 1 time, 2 times, 3 times, during 6 months)
best regards

·
Registered
426 Posts
That explained it really well, thanks NSR! You've got a bumper year, and I look forward to November time!
Good news about the clear body too, I'm sure that'll prove very popular!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hat off for NSR to come and explain their plan in such detail. Time to empty the bank account and pre-order the sets. (part of my pension plan darling, honestly, best investment I'll make this year)
Jay

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hello Renè!!!
don't think about decals, please
this work was done in only 1 day, starting from zero, we had to prepare 917K #23 #24 #3 #4 before fly to Toy Fair, just to show SET02 and SET03... don't worry.
believe me, final product will be more and more accurate and nice, exactly as SET01!

always keep in your mind that internet-pics are not beautiful as real car :))

best regards

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi NSR

First of all I would like to congratulate you on a fine product and a fantastic job producing the classic cars range.

Set 01 is absolutely beautiful
, I was lucky enough to get one here in Australia. Im really looking forward for the further boxed sets and to the Lemans livery MKIV's, P68's & 917's this year. I noticed there wasn't a picture of the lemans 67 winner. Is it going to be sold in a box set?

You have done a remarkable job reproducing the classic cars with on track performance that is fitting to there names sake. Keep up the great work

CC

·
Registered
70 Posts
Dear CC
thanks for contratulation to NSR
i don't know why pic of LM winner Ford MK IV is missed; don't worry, we will produce this livery in january 2010, as we have to make number 3-4-2 this year 2009.
best regards

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.