SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
DT
5,195 Posts

First the Jaguar XJR12s are hand liveried prototypes by Paulo Dapretto using, in most cases, decals from Pattos place. It is also recognised that both bodies are, at this stage, slightly incorrect as is one of the rear spoilers. This will be fixed by general release and if you cant spot them already I am not going to tell you

Reworked Porsche 962 releases are planned with revised bodywork so suit the cars as well as some IMSA versions.

Mazda 787s are due too, with the first not far off.

The other car due to hit the shelves this year is the Chaparall 2e in first prototype form.

As for Oxigen, the system is getting closer to release and will allow full integration into Scalextric and Ninco track systems for seamless digital/analogue racing.

The other welcome surprise is that Oxigen will allow SSD to run on Ninco track.

All LC pieces are cross changers on straight sections only. They DO allow cross connection between two track pieces side by side e.g. full lane change across 4 or more lanes.

An option will be for a full audio unit allowing voice information on lap times and comparisons of lap times and telemetry info from your team via headphones. Along with a dual connector allowing you to listen to your iPod or favourite MP3 player while driving those endurance races.

It will hit the shops as soon as it is 100% ready.

As for the controllers, for those waiting patiently to use the Slot.it controller, both units announced last year are in the shops - positive and negative polarity units are available alongside a - one pack for all digital systems - pod. This covers SSD, Carrera ProX and Digital 132.

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
I thought that Slot-It originally anounced a Chaparral 2J (the sucker car) but the 2e is an even better choice.
Maybe they will do the whole Chaparral family. Here's hoping.
There are a lot of nice new Group C cars that will be 'must haves'.
I can see me spending most of my slot car budget with Slot-It this year.
Cheers.
Mick.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Slot.it are certainly in for a super year, if super is making lots of money from me that is! The Mazda, Nissan and the Jaguars look great. The Bud Light livery certainly looks better to me in the flesh than in pictures. The Chaparrel looks super, and should be a great runner, and hoorah! I'd been waiting for the Audi to come out in a race livery!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thank you, Slot.it, for producing the Chaparral 2E. Though it's likely to be released in only two forms, the 66 & 65 cars, I've a feeling that everyone will want at least one because this was such an important breakthrough in aerodynamics. Jim Hall is such an innovator that he and his cars are legendary. Maurizio must be a fan of Hall's.

Very grateful...thanks.

·
MG Brown
559 Posts
It would have been nice to see Slot.it release the Chaparral 2G since Racer offers the 2E already.

Not sure what is up with the snouts on the nose- is that a mastering error?

·
Fast Co.
1,240 Posts
An affordable 2E!!! Yay! Can't wait. I'll most likely pick up two each of the #66 and #65 cars - one for the shelf, one for the track. I'm also very glad to see that the 787 is nearing distribution. I very much appreciate Maurizio's continuing dedication to Group C! I hope one day to see some Toyotas and Nissans. In time, I'm sure. Some Marchs and Astons would be most welcome too. And as for the Porsches and Jags - well, we can't have enough of them, can we? Nice choices. I'm still hanging on for Al Holbert's IMSA Porsches - Miller and Lowenbraü.

Thank you Mr. Ferrari!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Mazda 787, oh yes. Love the Jaguars. I'm so glad they are doing the TicTac Porsche. I like the livery, but it is a pain to do, so they've saved me a lot of work.
The Chappy though....drool....drool...can't wait for that one.

·
Registered
166 Posts
QUOTE I'm pleased Slot It are making the 2E as I have no interest in Racers overscale lump

vfr750 -

It's the same car! I heard Racer and Slot.it worked together on this car... In fact, the wheels on that prototype are the Racer's. The Racer Chapparal is actually correct scale.

Regards!

Mike

·
Registered
710 Posts
Racer and slot it work together on tons of stuff. It's been suggested that the DP's are, for all intensive purposes, slot.its. I'm excited about buying a 2E with a light weight injected body at a reasonable price.

Now, if they could only do a few more CAN-AMs! Anyone else intrested in a slot.it Mclaren M8A,B, C, etc...?

·
Registered
329 Posts
QUOTE (356speedster @ 5 Feb 2009, 19:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hmm.... something looks very familiar about that concept...

witht the "spring tower" I made in 2007 for my GT2 entry in the RAA08

The good news is that it works

Well spotted thats the first thing i thought when i saw it. I am glad slot it is making a commercial variant of the concept as it was a little beyond my engineering skills to make one. Maybe you can hit them up for royalties lol.

·
Vendor
3,061 Posts
Guten Tag everyone aus Nuernberg and thanks for the positive comments.

some info:
1 - the Lane Changer video shows the LC prototype for the NINCO track.You can see that there is a Ninco 1/2 straight attached to it. I am frankly delighted to have reached this significant milestone so soon.

2 - 356Speedster - if I had seen your design earlier, it would have saved me a lot of head scratching; nice to know it works

3 - the snouts on the 2E's nose are detachable pieces that we can use or not depending on which version of the car we will make.

Regards

Maurizio

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.