SlotForum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
QUOTE (Doug @ 8 Feb 2009, 11:29) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I remember those BM's. When I was in the army in 1986, 3 BM's in a livery similar to the one above came to our camp. The JPS reps gave out cartons of **** to all the troops. I remember that they weren't that nice. The cars were impressive though.

The JPS livery on any car looks fantastic.

The JPS reps gave out cartons of **** to all the troops. I remember that they weren't that nice. If any ciggie could ever taste 'nice', then it wasn't these that's for sure. Gold Leaf, now there was a taste sensation. And, a top livery to boot. Remember kids, SMOKING KILLS!

·
Registered
551 Posts
QUOTE (Simon @ 5 Feb 2009, 22:26) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>OMG i completely missed that!!!!
Its a 917/30!!
One of these bad boys

I cant believe no1 spotted it, its a must for me, one of the most potent and awsome racing cars ever.
Brave choice too, as i believe only 1 livery is available.
Simon

I agree the only "as raced" when new colours for the 917/30 are the classic yellow/blue Sunoco ones, but there is a 917/30 in yellow Bosch colours in historic racing I believe (I think it was meant to be a customer car for the 1974 CanAm series for Vasek Polaks team before the rule changes banned it) and there are the red/white Cam2 sponsor colours used in 1975 when Mark Donohue set a closed circuit speed record at Talladega and of course you can always have the obligatory plain white version fresh from the Porsche factory!

·
Registered
426 Posts
The more I look at the Gitanes and Bastos BMW's the more the urge 'to have' rises!

How do those BMW's go? Generally I find Spirit cars are not über fast, but really fun to drive. Do the BMW's follow this trend?

·
Registered
329 Posts
QUOTE (mattkimster @ 9 Feb 2009, 21:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The more I look at the Gitanes and Bastos BMW's the more the urge 'to have' rises!

How do those BMW's go? Generally I find Spirit cars are not über fast, but really fun to drive. Do the BMW's follow this trend?

Spirit cars are a bit hit and miss as regards racing. The Silhouette is a great runner and the old sport version Reynard is a terrific car same goes for the Dallaras. Some guys say the courage is good once sorted but i personally don't like the "spine design" of the chassis as it doesnt allow the front and rear to have any independent movement. The little BMW is not a bad option in a classic touring class because at least its a podded car and there is very little else modelled in that era that is. It does require some serious sorting if you get one with some "build quality" issues but if you are a decent tuner it can be made to go very well considering the size and shape of the car. The new 635 is a podded inline with a pretty basic old style chassis. Can't see it being super fast but may well be as you say good fun. Someone else might have more idea regarding the 635 as I have only seen the chassis in photos and decided to pass as a racer its too new to be a classic and doesnt look like it would be competitive with a Ninco jgtc or a silhouette as a modern to me. I could be wrong of course.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.