SlotForum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why censor all the trivial and fun posts on this forum? I always thought a Moderators responsibility was to make sure the Forum rules are stuck to and not censor free speech. From what I can see on this forum is that when a relatively trivial topic is debated and opinions are expressed by the Forum Member's, the Moderators just wade in and lock the topic! WHY? Especially as most of the contributors are having some fun. There has not been any bad language used, threats made or any other forms of abuse levelled at any of the contributors. So WHY do this?

mmore

·
Gary Skipp
6,476 Posts
I have a foot in both camps here.

I am a moderator on another forum, for my second hobby of minature skateboards. Not many members there are adults, so things are a little different.

But unrest amongst members quickly causes larger disputes and the job of the moderator extends from rule-keeping to karma keeping. For a forum to work succesfully, the members cannot feel disgruntled.

Whilst in this case the actions taken seem a little, I would say, premature, I can see why the moderating team did not want any 'viscious' arguments to start, leading to problems in the fuiture.

Just my initial thoughts.

·
DT
5,195 Posts
If you have a problem with how the forum is run, please bring it up with one of the moderators or with me.

Please read the rules.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.