SlotForum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Swissracer and Nuro are coming over to the UK between 8th November and 11th November.

The purpose of this is to meet as many people from here as possible, jump into a few shops to say 'Hi' and lose some races at a couple of tracks.

The Itinery at the moment is (Full location details and Hotel names will follow)..

QUOTE Saturday 8th - Fairmile, Surrey - Evening Meal and or drinks.
Fairmile Arms Pub (Big, Friendly Place)
Portsmouth Road
Cobham
KT11 2
United Kingdom
Tel: +44 1932-868141

QUOTE Sunday 9th - Evening in Colne, Lancs - Evening meal and or drinks. Anyone got ideas for daytime stops on the way up?
QUOTE Monday 10th - Either still in Colne for racing or around Birmingham - again meetings open.
QUOTE Tuesday 11th - Birmingham to Oxford then time to head home late.
We cordially invite you all to contact us and arrange to meet, or just turn up at the same place and same times.

Look forward to seeing some of you again and meeting loads of you for the first time..

·
Premium Member
5,398 Posts
Nuro, I think Swiss knows where the Royal Oak is. You can meander over around 8:00pm

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hey there!

Well I live nice and close to Cobham so will do my best to make it along The two of you are more than welcome for quick session (ooer!) in my loft if you fancy before the evening. It's not really suitable for more than three people though otherwise I would love to invite everybody. Alteratively maybe we could arrange a special day at Farnham which is 4 lane and has plenty of space but no nice scenery and rather threadbare carpet

Look forward to meeting you Nuro and saying hello to Swiss again.

Cheers,

slik.

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Yes i think a special evening at Farnham should be arranged!

Mr Material what do you think?

Look forward to seeing you (pitty it's not the previous weekend - Hornby weekend!)

All the best

Gareth

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Hey Slik, why do you think that we chose The Fairmile Arms?

See you and perhaps some of the Farnham and Guilford people there.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nuro - erm...

I think Slik might have thought we chose the Fairmile because I put the name and addy in the post?

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
All for the Farnham ice breaker type thing

So we're looking at a Saturday afternoon session then.

We'll have to check with the powers that be tomorrow night!

Would be good to meet you guys and chew the fat.

Put some crossovers in your home tracks to practice and Swiss, put your Arii Scoobie in with your hand luggage

Mr.M

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We have to be talking late afternoon session Mr M, 4/5 O'clock onwards.
Sounding great though!

You want to see the Scoobie Kit? No way wil it be done, I haven't even had time to finish the Skyline yet.

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
OK!

So! 5pm race session in the Mike Hawthorn room, our normal 8 class schedule takes 2-2 1/2 hours depending on numbers ( can be adjusted to suit your itinerary ), then quick half hour max blast up the Hogs Back ( passing the place where Hawthorn departed this life- road racing, tut-tut ) and A3 for din-dins at Cobham. Hooray!!!

But no home built small saloon class. Boo!!! The Herald and MG 1100 will just have to wait till next time.

Pressure will be applied to the powers that be tonight.

Cheers, Mr.M

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
At this point it might be worth mentioning that Jon Sword's Phoenix Club in the Birmingham area is open on a Monday night:-

Phoenix Slot Car Club race times

So you could combine a Monday Birmingham trip to Getslotted and have a go on their test track upstairs, with a visit in the evening to Phoenix. I could probably make the Phoenix evening.

Thats probably a good enough reason to go to Wrexham instead!

Moped

1 - 13 of 13 Posts