SlotForum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
DT
5,195 Posts

Sloting Plus have released a new wheel called MONACO.

The MONACO wheel is the second design of a new generation wheels without inserts initiated by the BBS wheel.

References are:
SLPL 5016 MONACO wheel 15,9 x 9 mm
SLPL 50165 MONACO wheel 16,5 x 9 mm
SLPL 5017 MONACO wheel 16,9 x 9 mm

·
Tel
4,032 Posts
As with the BBS, they look great, buts what with the odball 9mm size, 10 mm is what we want, I don't like the idea of too much tyre overhanging the rim

While we are at it, surely it's not all that difficult to make them "air hubs" while they are at it

I often use the Slotting Plus universal wheels were I dont need an air hub, quality wheels at sensible prices

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
really realy nice looking wheels. easy enough to turn into air hubs and knock a bit more weight off, if you,ve got acces to a lathe. john

·
Registered
251 Posts
QUOTE (stoner @ 2 Sep 2012, 07:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>really realy nice looking wheels. easy enough to turn into air hubs and knock a bit more weight off, if you,ve got acces to a lathe. john
I am afraid not Stoner if you look carefully the central spine is recessed, removing too much material will result in a two piece wheel!
Cheers
brembo

·
Tel
4,032 Posts
Tyre is usually flexible enough to allow a hex wrench, it only needs about half the wrench width to move.
Having said that, if you want to run 12mm tyres it may be pushing it, hence why I like my rears to be 10mm wide.
I much prefer these hubless or semi hubed wheels as they allow more room for some S/W and A/W applications.

BTW, I wanted to keep the original alloys on my Avant Slot Lotus, were the grub screw is well inside the rim, I punched a hole in the tyre in the right place before truing, and it doesn't affect the performance noticably ...

·
Mark R-E
2,471 Posts
Not sure you have too.

All previous sloting + wheels (except air hubs) it has been possible to angle an Allen in there as they use the larger type

·
Kevin Golloghly
2,204 Posts
Does anyone know how much?

·
Tel
4,032 Posts
Approx £9-10 a pair I would say, judging on the price of the BBS wheels they also make.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts