SlotForum banner

Sloting Plus news

5K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  slotingplus 
#1 ·

Here is a resume of last Sloting Plus news:

SLPL 090100 is hard motor pod.

SLPL 090103A is soft chassis alone and SLPL 090104A is hard chassis alone.

The soft chassis is a new compound more flexible for plastic tracks...
Complete chassis with bearings and screws are always sold under references SLPL 090101 (soft) and SLPL 090102 (hard).
You have also the called kit chassis EVO with motor pod separated under references SLPL 090103 (soft) and SLPL 090104 (hard).

So, possibilities are various:Complete soft or hard chassis,EVO chassis soft or hard or Hard motor pod + soft chassis alone for example...

Of course, we propose with this chassis the possibility to make your own Reynard with a complete white body kit under reference SLPL 090109.

13 g weight for the complete body with ABS cockpit!

Also,a new reference is SLPL 00109 Reynard basic white kit which include a complete white body kit + a complete chassis + a sport guide with all screws necessary for make yourself tunning and decoration you want! Indeed,the idea is racers from different countries and clubs use different motors,gears and ratio,wheels,tyres ..etc and so,here,they can choose the parts adapted for such or such races or events or tracks!!!

Finally,regarding new parts,we have New eccentric bearings under references SLPL 1016, 1017

and New long allen screws 8 and 10 mm under references SLPL 9309, 9310.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
QUOTE (hiuy @ 4 Apr 2012, 15:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>nice , but can not see wat chassis+pod comes with SLPL 00109 Reynard basic white kit ?

Sorry hiuy, i forgot indeed !

It is a hard complete chassis ( not EVO ) because the only one which can run on all kind of tracks , the soft chassis being really too flexible for some tracks....
We can say the hard chassis is the "normal" one and the soft chassis a "specialized" one with special flexible compound

Many thanks
Jacques

#4 ·
I would like to know availability of these and if we have to go through a supplier to get them.
SLPL 00109 Reynard basic white kit, by the look of it they dont come with an engine, or axles, (although what is the item to the top right of the body under the rear spoiler?).
What engine would you recommend.
Zen

#6 ·
QUOTE (zendragon @ 4 Apr 2012, 17:53) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I would like to know availability of these and if we have to go through a supplier to get them.
SLPL 00109 Reynard basic white kit, by the look of it they dont come with an engine, or axles, (although what is the item to the top right of the body under the rear spoiler?).
Zen

Hi Zen,

It is available for our distributors !
Item you quote is a plastic part for maintain rear transparent lights !

We don't recommend motors for good reasons : Whatever the clubs or countries, some racers like Sloting Plus Speed 2 but other will prefer NSR King and other Slot.it boxer and other ...etc etc
In Spain, it is even radical : They run very often with motors wihout magnetism power and so none of the ones quoted above !!!

We could put axles and spur gears for example BUT one more time, some racers will cannot have the ratio they want with such or such tooths number ??? Also, some will want hollow axles in front, other no !!! etc etc

Hi Mustang,

Often, racers use ultra light plastic wheels in front with low profil tyres and very light racing wheels in rear with their favorite tyres or simply the tyres provided by the race rules....etc
Do you want to pay parts you will change ?
Our idea is the following : Instead to pay a complete kit and change many parts because you prefer something or otherthing, perhaps better to have simply the basic parts and choose yourself the optimal parts for your needs

Of course, the idea is not good if customer search a ready to run car and more adapted to experimented racers who change and try often many parts before to find the optimal tunning in preparation of club or event race !

Kind regards
Jacques

#8 ·
It looks like the eccentric bearings might allow both leveling of the chassis and some raising/lowering of the rear end for track clearance and fine tuning magnetic downforce.One would have to be careful to maintain proper gear mesh though.
Best,
ixwa

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
QUOTE (stoner @ 5 Apr 2012, 11:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hy, whats the thinking behind ,having a rear detachable axle carrier on the motor pod. i thought this was the one area you didn,t need any flex because of gear meshing issues. wouldn,t the soft pod flex between the two. i can only think its for changing tyres or gear ratios quickly john

Hi John,

I don't understand very well but seem you refer to the Reynard which use special bearings BUT eccentric bearings are pretty standard and you can use them with many brands using the called 3/32" axles !

And if you refer to the chassis and not to eccentric bearings, the main reason of the axle support separated is because you have a magnet under in the complete cars ( you can put little ballast instead by the way ) !
Sorry for confusion...

Regards
Jacques

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
QUOTE (zendragon @ 4 Apr 2012, 17:53) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I would like to know availability of these and if we have to go through a supplier to get them.
Zen

Hi, do you use eBay?, as they sell these on eBay through the "papponni" company.

I just purchased a few sets of the chassis soft/hard, pods, Reynard bodies and parts last week and some more stuff today, and the quality is absolutely superb, even the packaging looks nice, and the prices are reasonable too for the quality of the stuff.

I built up a complete new soft chassis with motor, gears, wheels, etc etc and used my original painted Reynard body until my white kit one arrives, I can't wait to build it up : )

I just used a new spare Slotting Plus Speed 2 motor I have, same as in the original Reynard, its a great motor for this car. The part you mention is probably just a piece of the cockpit, it is made up of quite a few pieces.

Fully recommended

#14 ·
QUOTE (mustang @ 4 Apr 2012, 18:06) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>no wheels either!

expensive way to buy a car by parts.

It is, but still if you already have a selection of decent spares, such as wheels, axles, tyres, etc etc, you can use those, these cars are very versatile as you can fit so many different brands and parts to them, doesn't have to be the specific Reynard parts.

I just the like fact that you can build up your own car, you can make it to suit your track with the parts you need/want. If you like making up slot cars and tuning them up to drive well, then these are great, the parts are robust too so can be assembled and re-assembled without breaking, and once you have a complete car built up - each separate spare part if needed to replace or upgrade doesn't cost too much at all on its own.

#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
I purchased a couple of Slotting Plus Reynard wings and one was not very straight the other was fine, at least they are cheap to buy!, only £1.79 each for a plain black rear wing, it is a bit annoying though. (When I say not straight, the wing is at a wonky angle facing towards the front of the car.)

Its something to look out for if you are fussy about detail like I am,

Also I will say they are really well made, and seem to be very robust, I have yet to break one.

#17 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi,

Rear wing is indeed enough flexible and if you warp it, it recover his form !
Of course, there is a limit

We verify each item before to put in a bag but we are human and also many shipments ( distributor --> shops --> customers ) can wrap the rear wing ....

So, ask to your retailer another one please and we will find solution with our distributor for compensate the retailer

Regards
Jacques

#18 ·
Hi, why doesn't the kit: SLPL 00109 Reynard basic white kit come with "RED" rear light lenses, instead the kit comes with the "clear" light lenses, so I have to buy these extra in a separate pack.

I just wondered if their was a reason for supplying "clear" rear light lenses instead of the "red"?

Thanks for any information.

The kit is brilliant by the way, all the pieces are really well made and fit together good. Thanks Slotting Plus.

(Also note the white body kits come with 2 free Slotting Plus stickers, which are decent looking stickers too.)

#19 ·
QUOTE (f1rem0uth @ 13 Apr 2012, 20:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi, why doesn't the kit: SLPL 00109 Reynard basic white kit come with "RED" rear light lenses, instead the kit comes with the "clear" light lenses, so I have to buy these extra in a separate pack.

I just wondered if their was a reason for supplying "clear" rear light lenses instead of the "red"?

A quick and easy way to make those lenses clear red (short of painting) is to use a red Sharpie marker. Just don't clear coat over the red Sharpie as it can react and run.

#20 ·
Hello,

Following this topic about Sloting Plus, just for inform you with Doug's agreement about some new Sloting Plus parts :

New sizes ( 52.5 and 60 mm ) of hollow axles 2,38 mm under references SLPL 2152, 2160 and new 3 mm axles under references SLPL 22360, 22365 :

Special ball bearings doule flanged for 2,37 mm axles ( SLPL 2350, 2355...NSR... ) under reference SLPL 1009 :

New Universal wheel size 16,5 x 8,5 mm under reference SLPL 40116508:

Best regards
Jacques

#23 ·
QUOTE (Mr Croker @ 15 May 2012, 22:20) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good products Jacques

Do you know when they will be in the UK shops?

Are you coming to the Gaydon UK Slot Festival?

Many thanks Mr Croker

PendleSlot ( our UK distributor for those who don't know ) received all the news except new hollow axles and Universal wheel sizes ...

Unfortunatly, we will be only with mind in UK festival :-(

Enjoy, have fun and good races

Kind regards
Jacques

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.