SlotForum banner

Sloting Plus parts news

7K views 35 replies 20 participants last post by  drifter 
#1 ·

Here are some Sloting Plus news: (All text and pictures from Sloting Plus)

SLPL 482015 to 4821175 are coloured Atlantis wheels and the name Atlantis Fantasy chosen speak himself!

SLPL M-S5 tyres are super grip rubber slick tyres for Ninco tracks ...(or other tracks with grip):

SLPL 9110 and 9111 are innovations!With little pieces of about 0,07 g (two lengths and two diameters:4,5 mm and 4,7 mm),the goal is to save body fixations damaged on some cars and so recuperate the cars or to prevent this damage!They are adapted for many slot cars as illustrated in photos below for some examples...
( Note:In some races rules,you cannot add something to the body BUT with such standard pieces,it would be easy to adapt the rules for allow to the racers to use again damaged cars they like ??? )

SLPL 9281 are special screws 10 mm for body fixation (7 mm for SLPL 9280) because some racers want such screws for tilting:

SLPL 40315020 are simply black ABS inserts used in the Reynard (so adapted for our Universal 16,9 mm wheels):

SLPL 40315021 are brake discs for inserts:

SLPL 9143 are ABS plastic stoppers 2,5 mm (4 units) and 5,7 mm (2 units):

All available soon or now from your favourite Sloting Plus outlet.

See less See more
#3 ·
QUOTE (two lengths and two diameters:4,5 mm and 4,7 mm)

I'm guessing this refers to the diameter, but it isn't fantastically clear!

#5 ·
I was in B&Q (UK hardware store) the other day and they have a wide selection of metal tubes in aluminium, brass, powder coated steel and plastic. The aluminium tubing I bought for 1:32 lamp posts was £2.49 for a metre! It is probably too small for body posts but the next size up might do - if you are going near a B&Q take your car with you and see if any of the tubes fit the body posts. The aluminium tube is quite thick so you might even be able to ream it out with a drill bit to the perfect gauge for your body posts. You will get about 40-50 repair parts from a 1 metre tube for under 3 quid. Just a thought.

#6 ·
Great to see SlotingPlus offering this new products well done. Yes we can all find metal tubing to fix posts but it would be ideal if you could purchase the correct size ready cut tube ready to go.

Regards

Ray

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
You can buy styrene tubing from almost every modelling store online and downtown for next to nothing for 1 foot lengths of the stuff in a whole range of diameters to fit any slotcar posts.

I suppose Sloting + are going for the dedicated fans who only buy by brand name. Everyone else will just use their common sense. Unless these cost the same as cheap baked beans per pack I can't see they'll sell any.

I've never heard of shrink tubing for guideposts. Is this heatshrink stuff? How do you stop yourself melting the plastic guidepost? Sounds bizarre

Dayglow wheels?

#8 ·
QUOTE (f1rem0uth @ 29 Nov 2011, 22:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi, could anyone please tell me what size is the tubing for the body posts, outer diameter and internal diameter please?

SLPL 9110 have 4,5 mm internal diameters ( 2 of one length and 2 of another --> so 4 units in a pack )
SLPL 9111 have 4,7 mm internal diameters ................................................................................

Material is steel !

Thanks
Jacques

#9 ·
QUOTE (Screwneck @ 30 Nov 2011, 09:45) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I suppose Sloting + are going for the dedicated fans who only buy by brand name.

It is exactly the contrary !!!

As little brand, we need people who don't buy only by brand name with just advertising power !
So, only racers who don't beleive all what they read and want to test themself many things before to decide what they prefer to use buy items of our brand for quality, reliabilty, performance, practical or esthetical reasons but,whatever the reason,they buy them by experience and not by advertising because we are not well known ???
Of course, i don't say we are always the first choice for such racers but,in any case,they test what they want to use before to judge ....

Regards
Jacques

#12 ·
QUOTE (Screwneck @ 30 Nov 2011, 09:45) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've never heard of shrink tubing for guideposts. Is this heatshrink stuff? How do you stop yourself melting the plastic guidepost? Sounds bizarre

Krympslang or heatshrink stuff as you may call it shrinks faster than the plastic melts and the material is quite though. I use it to repair cracked body posts and wheel hubs. Of course I also add a drop of superglue to be on the safeside. I never tried this on guide posts since they are rarely round on the outside, but if I found a suitable object I wouldnt hesitate to use the method. .

#13 ·
Screwneck we all use common sense but not everyone has been in the sport as long as we have. We run Rooky racing on Friday nights and I am always helping out the young and over enthusiastic newbies to fix the cars they have just destroyed just prior to their next race. Having these products at the track shop will save me and a number of club racers the Hassell cutting tubing on the run.

Ray

#14 ·
I got excited when i saw the car. I thought it was a prototype for a new sloting plus model. I am looking forward to the toy fair in feb and see what goodies the car companies have for us. Scaleauto have already got their new GT cars on the go a new model from sloting plus would be awesome to.

#15 ·
Love the wheels, I can see me getting some for some added bling when I'm back painting cars, I love the setting plus wheels, just a shame they stop making certain versions so quick such as the anodised blue ones.

#17 · (Edited by Moderator)
QUOTE (Screwneck @ 30 Nov 2011, 08:45) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You can buy styrene tubing from almost every modelling store online and downtown for next to nothing for 1 foot lengths of the stuff in a whole range of diameters to fit any slotcar posts.

I suppose Sloting + are going for the dedicated fans who only buy by brand name. Everyone else will just use their common sense. Unless these cost the same as cheap baked beans per pack I can't see they'll sell any.

I've never heard of shrink tubing for guideposts. Is this heatshrink stuff? How do you stop yourself melting the plastic guidepost? Sounds bizarre

Dayglow wheels?

I would have thought that the heatshrink tubing would shrink before the car body plastic would possibly melt, I always use a hairdryer on the heatshrink tubing), it must be ok as a few people have mentioned this idea to me.

#18 ·
QUOTE (Ratracer @ 1 Dec 2011, 01:37) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Screwneck we all use common sense but not everyone has been in the sport as long as we have. We run Rooky racing on Friday nights and I am always helping out the young and over enthusiastic newbies to fix the cars they have just destroyed just prior to their next race. Having these products at the track shop will save me and a number of club racers the Hassell cutting tubing on the run.

Ray
Good point about not having to cut the tubing!, I was going to buy some tubing(K&S) and make my own bodypost repair tubes, and then I realised - how would I cut the tubing, as I don't have a suitable cutting tool. So of course these ready made/cut tubes from Slotting Plus are a useful part if needed or just buy some and keep them in your spare parts box ready just in case.

I was planning on putting the tubing on all my cars( I don't have many), even though none of bodyposts are broken, but adding a piece of tubing would help prevent them breaking or splitting in the first place, that was my idea.

Yes we can make our own, but these ready made ones are pre-cut, and have a nice and tidy finish, and also note they are steel - so will be nice and strong.

#19 ·
QUOTE (slotingplus @ 30 Nov 2011, 14:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>SLPL 9110 have 4,5 mm internal diameters ( 2 of one length and 2 of another --> so 4 units in a pack )
SLPL 9111 have 4,7 mm internal diameters ................................................................................

Material is steel !

Thanks
Jacques
Hello, when are they on sale?, and how much are they? please. Thanks.

#22 ·
Are you game to tell him he can't drive a Reynard, Spa67?

I absolutely love the SlotingPlus wheels. I have to try really hard not to put the 'Americas' on every modern car that I change from plastic wheels. But, I don't think the bright red and bright yellow wheels are for me. Although, I can certainly imagine a few instances where they'd look good.

Initially I wondered about the likely sales on the body mount post repair tubes. Slotters can be a fairly tightfisted bunch and rather ingenious when it comes to DIY repairs. But Ratracer Ray makes a very good point. For on-the-run fixes at commercial venues or in tournament situations they will no doubt be a godsend.

Clever thinking Jacques.
Embs

#24 ·
QUOTE (f1rem0uth @ 2 Dec 2011, 01:29) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good point about not having to cut the tubing!, I was going to buy some tubing(K&S) and make my own bodypost repair tubes, and then I realised - how would I cut the tubing, as I don't have a suitable cutting tool. So of course these ready made/cut tubes from Slotting Plus are a useful part if needed or just buy some and keep them in your spare parts box ready just in case.

I was planning on putting the tubing on all my cars( I don't have many), even though none of bodyposts are broken, but adding a piece of tubing would help prevent them breaking or splitting in the first place, that was my idea.

Yes we can make our own, but these ready made ones are pre-cut, and have a nice and tidy finish, and also note they are steel - so will be nice and strong.

Yes, as said in the first post, the idea is also to prevent AND in many races rules, you cannot add something to be body! So, if it is standard, perhaps the rules will can allow ???

About availability, they are and about prices, it will depend of shops i guess ....

Thanks
Jacques

#26 ·
QUOTE (f1rem0uth @ 2 Dec 2011, 01:29) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good point about not having to cut the tubing!, I was going to buy some tubing(K&S) and make my own bodypost repair tubes, and then I realised - how would I cut the tubing, as I don't have a suitable cutting tool.

You really work on slot cars and don't own a Dremel tool?! It takes about 10 seconds to cut any small tubing with a Dremel and cut off wheel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.