SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried installing the Slotit SP15c chip into a SCX cuda this past weekend. I have installed several Slotit chips into NSR and non DPR Scalextric cars in the past without any issues. However with this chip I didn't see a way to use the infrared LED that the chip includes, so I used a seperate LED and soldered it to the top of the slotit chip. When I finished the install the car ran, but would not change lanes.
My question. Does it matter if I soldered the LED to the top of the chip where the wires are for the guide, or do they need to be attached to the underside of the chip?
Also is there a way to test the LED to see if it is working correctly?

· ParrotGod
12,602 Posts
There are dedicated pads at the bottom of the chip (a round one for the positive and a square one for the negative) that is where the wires from the IR LED should be soldered to.
If you have soldered the IR LED to the pads where the guide lead wires are soldered then you might have damage the LED.

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes -they should only be soldered to the bottom side. To test.. turn the car upside down and give it power (could be with a 9V battery) Look at the led thru the your phones camera. Most smartphone camera should be able to display the weak purple infrared light of the led.
Kitgaard, Thanks for your response. I was able to get the LED on the chip exposed so it would activate the LC's. Your tip on testing the infrared is appreciated. Happy slotting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts