SlotForum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have just chiped a NSR Generic F1 86/89 with SP15B. I have done two before and they work as expected.
But the third one just change lane everytime and do not count laps. Could this be the issue if the IR isn't working? Or what could be wrong.
This is the second SB15b I'm trying. The first one did stop working. Could it be something wrong with the motor that destroy the chip?
The chip does get crazy hot after just 4-5 laps.
I have one Ferrite man on the motor side.

·
Greg Gaub
14,648 Posts
Yes. Stop putting chips in that car to die until you figure out why they are overheating. Usually it has something to do with the motor, but it's worth stripping the car down to parts and reassembling it to make sure everything is properly configured for smooth rolling with no binding.
It couldn't hurt to run the car in analog mode a bit before putting another chip into it.

No lap counting indicates the LED is not working at all. Changing lanes "all the time" might be that it's not resetting the lane change flippers from a car previously changing lanes, which would make sense if you have been testing by making a car change lanes all the time. When testing, also make sure the car will set the flipper straight rather than change lanes. For this car, if you want to test again, set the flippers straight by hand, then drive it around. If it changes lanes, then the LED is working... just not correctly. Either way, the chip is either defective, or damaged.

Chips should never get crazy hot, though, especially not just after a few laps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I test the car/motor in analog it's much slower than the other two. Maybe not half the speed but really much slower. So something weird with that motor. Replace it? Or can it be fixed? Any good motor tips for the NSR F1 86/89. I can have a much slower motor than the king 21. I have a small track, so I'm running it in slower speed anyway. King 19k or baby king 17k perhaps.

When I did have the chip in it did change back the lance changes. So it did something.

I did test the chip now on another older car. It didn't get hot at all. But no lance change at all and no lap count. So something is broke on the chip.

·
Greg Gaub
14,648 Posts
Yeah, if it doesn't go well in analog mode, something is wrong with the car. Certainly could be the motor. If it's a brand new car, it might be better to return it to the retailer for a replacement. But, if you can confirm that the chassis is rolling smoothly and the motor appears to be at fault, then replacing it would probably do the trick. Assuming you want to race the cars together, it will be simpler if you put in the same motor as you're replacing, the same as the other cars have. If you put a different motor in, you'll need to remember to use different settings on the base for the different motors, which isn't hard, but just complicates things. When I set up a group of cars that are meant to be raced together, I try to keep everything the same.

As for that chip, it's probably lost the LED somehow. Could be the result of overdrawing the power, but could also be physical damage or defect. Like the motor, I'd ask the retailer to replace it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts