SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts

SlotRallyGB are pleased to announce the 2013 Championship.

Now in its 4th year, this friendly championship has developed into one of the best national slot car series with events up and down the UK.

For 2013 we welcome new rounds, new clubs, new sponsors, a new class and a few rule changes.

Round 1; Wales Slot Rally - Wye Valley Slot Car Club - Monmouthshire - 27th January

Round 2; Wolves Slot Rally - Wolverhampton Slot Car Club - West Midlands - 24th February - Cancelled 12/11/12 see below for replacement

Round 2; Demon Slot Rally - Demon Slot Racing Club - Hereford - 24th February

Round 3; PSR Slot Rally - Pendle Slot Racing Club - Lancashire - 16th & 17th March

Round 4; Manx Slot Rally - Manx Slot Car Club- Isle of Man - 20th & 21st April

Round 5; AEC Slot Rally - Staffordshire - June (final date TBC) Round cancelled (04/04/13)

Round 6; Oxford Slot Rally - Oxford Scalextric Club- Oxfordshire 7th July

Round 7; Scale Models Slot Rally - Scale Models- Cheshire - August (final date TBC)

Round 8; Farnham Slot Rally - Farnham Scalextric Club- Surrey - 29th September

Round 9; Rockingham Slot Rally - Rockingham Slot Car Club- Northamptonshire - 13th October

Round 10; Wales Winter Slot Rally - Wye Valley Slot Car Club- Monmouthshire - 3rd November

As before all the individual rounds will have their own thread in the events section on Slotforum.com where you can enter and discuss details etc. All the events are listed on the Slotforum calendar. We will also be supporting the UK Slotcar Festival in May at the Motor Heritage Centre.

For 2013 we have also introduced a brand new class - Scalextric Production Class. This is a new concept within SlotRallyGB. Organised in close conjunction with Hornby this is a manufacturer specific class and hopes to provide a level playing field for all compeititors.

Classic Rally (sponsored by SCX)
80's Rally (sponsored by Teamslot)
Modern 2 WD (sponsored by Avant Slot)
Modern 4WD Rally (sponsored by Ninco)
Pro Stock Rally (Sponsored by MSC)
Scalextric Production - (Sponsored by Scalextric)

We welcome DS Lapcounters as our official timing sponsor.

We also welcome NSR and SlotCar Mag as championship sponsors.

We have prepared an updated set of rules and regulations for the 2013 season and you can download these here;

View attachment Slotrally_GB_2013_Regulations_Draft_1_1.pdf
View attachment Slotrally_GB_2013_Appendix_A_v1_1.pdf

NOTE - RULES UPDATED 16th Nov 2012 - click here to download updated rules

We hope to see you during 2013.

Every Second Counts!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Hi Gareth.
All looks to be straightforward.
Is there going to be a seperate document for the models?...as in what can run in which class?
Cheers Bill.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Hi Gareth.
Thanks for the heads up!
There appears to me an 'anomaly' in the foot note to Pro Stock spec. You are 'banning' standard motors for some models, but not others!
If you exclude the standard 'hi-mag' but not Neo mag motors from makes such as NSR, then why are you allowing equally 'Hi-Mag' motors from other makes such as MSC and its very Hi-Mag 'Thunder 2' motor?
You have also flaged up some motors that can't compete in this class anyway, as non of the makers currently make a rally model (Sloting Plus, MB Slot).
This area needs tidying up, as if you keep this note in, a class that will be dominated by versions of the various 'Monte Carlo' chassied MSC models, will now become a near one make class!
You have reached a good common sense conclussion in letting the NSR Porsche run in Pro Stock, then shot down the model by making guys change the original motor, to a 'no mag' Spain motor! If this rule is kept, then no one in there right mind will run and NSR.
Regards Bill.

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Bill

Plenty of time to make ammendments - Mag motors and the like not my strong point - rules were ammended to try and ensure that strong mag motors were banned or restricted - perhaps if you could suggest to me some revised wording i can discuss and ammend before the start of 2013. We can pin it down at Wye Valley next month?

Gareth

·
Slot-A-Holic
5,504 Posts
Looks very interesting,

But i would like to know about the proxy racing part..

Quote:
1.8. Proxy Entries are allowed and will score individual event points, but NOT championship points.

No problem but i can not find any info on how proxy cars will be handled,

Do we send the car to a track or to a person who does the proxy part of the Rally?

Does the car get taken to the other tracks or will a proxy entry need to send his car to each track separately?

What extra costs will there be for proxy entries?

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jaak - Proxy entries have to be arranged by the individual wanting to enter and someone else prepared to run their cars for them - there is no central collection point as such for proxy entries - we have not had many proxy entries over the years, but some events do have them so we allow them to take part. Last year we even had an offer of a paid/sponsored drive (no one took up the offer).

In terms on costs of entry - same price.

Third place trophies for events - at event organizers discretion only first and second obligatory - i suspect most will do three as before.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I'm a bit confused, in Pro-Stock are we allowed to swap the motor for one from a different manufacturer so long as it isn't in the banned motor list?

I'm only asking because one of my Avant Slot Mantas has a JP Slot motor in it because I didn't like the magnetic effect of the original.

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (Julian_Boolean @ 5 Oct 2012, 20:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm a bit confused, in Pro-Stock are we allowed to swap the motor for one from a different manufacturer so long as it isn't in the banned motor list?

I'm only asking because one of my Avant Slot Mantas has a JP Slot motor in it because I didn't like the magnetic effect of the original.

Hi Julian
No you can only swap motors from within the manufacturers range - so Avant car = Avant motor, MSC car = MSC motor, NSR car = NSR motor etc.

No non OEM motors allowed in any class - including Pro-Stock - so JP Slot motors not allowed.

·
WRP World Champ 2015/2016
4,279 Posts
I like it. well done in working that lot out and getting it committed to paper.

1.12.2 genius! You'd think it was stating the obvious, but you are the ones on the receiving end and are no doubt very capable of discerning whether it's "wool pulling" or just incompetence at the root of an infringement.

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Oh Well, if you cant beat 'em, Join 'em.

Dear Santa, please can I have an NSR Porsche Rally Car..........

Just a thought Gareth, will any Scalextric RS200 do for the new class, or does in need to be one of the new releases?

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Hi, I,m liking this and thinking of having ago. The rules say the original motor must be fitted to the car. The SCX cars seem to have the motor that was at hand at time of build. What motor would be classed as original in a SCX 4WD Peugeot 206? Thanks.

·
Phil B.
3,749 Posts
A1.6.1 This is a one make - Scalextric/Hornby Production class for the following specific cars
only;
Scalextric MINI Countryman WRC - High detail and Super Resistant
Scalextric Ford Fiesta RS WRC - High detail and Super Resistant

I`ve already been asked by one hopeful if he can remove the interior and paint the widows black on his high detail Mini
- Nice try

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Hi Gareth.
I will be happy to assist you in knowing your 'Hi-Mag' from your 'Neo-Mag' motors. I will bring along some of most types of modern 'Hi-Mag' and an example of the banned (correctly) Neo-Mag motor, the rather aptly named MB Slot 'DoDo' as in 'dead as' or ought to be!
I will show you the Gauss readings on my DS pocket checker, and you will see just what motor mag these Neo units can exert.
I have seen a figure in excess of 1500 g, that is the same as the large (thick) Ninco button mag that most of the current Ninco models are supplied with....truly Mag racing, or Rallying if you prefer!
As an example of a typical 'Hi-Mag' motor gauss reading, 385g from an open can Slot It Boxer 2, a high figure but not in the same league as a 'Neo'.
You have most of the 'no (Neo) mag motors' rules about right, but we do need to draw back from an untenable position on the subject of 'Hi-Mag' motors. To try and define 'Hi-Mag' without getting into dodgy on the day 'testing' and in all probabilty 'banning' most of the large open can motors from just about all of the popular makes, would be way outside of what the SRGB series is about...running RTR Rally models, with some upgrades available from the maker, in the case of Pro Stock.
No series, in particular championships, can go against what the major slot makers are producing. Neo motor magnetic draw is so huge as to be easy to spot in basic scrutineering. At the moment there are only 2 (to the best of my knowlege) Neo mag motors available in theis country.
The above mentioned MB DoDo, and the almost identical Avant Slot version (the one used by my good friend Keith, to the obvious amusement of some, and perhaps amazement of others! at Farnham SRGB).
I am glad you saw his model in action, and it is quite right the series ban these motor types for next years championship.
Let us as a group of enthusiasts, hope none of the important makers decide it's their next 'good idea' to start producing OOTB models equiped with full strength Neo magnet motors.... if that did occure...hard body slot racing/rallying RIP!
Kind Regards Bill.

1 - 20 of 195 Posts