Slot Cars Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

SlotRallyGB is pleased to announce that we will be supporting the UK Slot Car Festival 2012.

The plan is to allow visitors to the event to take part in a typical Slot Rally event without having to take part in the championship.

We will be taking 5 special stages to Gaydon (some favourites from the various hosting clubs).

All cars will be supplied by SRGB and our sponsors;

Teamslot
Avant Slot
SCX
MSC
Scalextric

All will be non mag

Controllers will be supplied

It will be a simple case of coming to SRGB headquarters at Gaydon (our new bright red rally tent!) filling in a time sheet, visiting the 5 stages, setting your fastest time (no practise, no re-runs!), there will be a SRGB Marshal at each stage who will fill in and sign your time card, return the card to HQ and see how you get on. Your combined time will be totalled and the fastest 6 places will win a prize at the end of the day (supplied by our sponsors). Times will be displayed on a large screen.

You don't have to pre-register, don't have to bring cars, don't have to bring your own controller - just tune up and play.

It's FREE to enter!

At Rally HQ there will also be a display of some rare, unique and interesting Slot Rally cars from my collection and also a few cars from regular championship entrants so you can get a feel for what people run.

A merry band of SRGB championship regulars will be on hand during the day to say hi and generally help and give advice.

Championship entrants will also be able to collect their Limited Edition 2012 cars from rally HQ.
(Dont forget your membership cards).

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
QUOTE (Aberstone @ 28 Mar 2012, 15:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So which SRGB regulars will you prohibit from entering
(I say prohibit rather than ban)

Anyone by the name of Phil or Matt!

I agree with Julian, let the prizes got to the general public, otherwise we know where they're going and you might as well just send them west.

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tell you what i will put in a prize for the top placed championship runner and all other prizes go to visitors/non championship entries - fair?

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Ref Tracks;

This is the plan (which will probably all change!)

1. Circuits to Scale - Hill climb - David Lord - tbc (Any offers of help very much apprecited)
2. AEC Farm Yard -
3. Scenic Loop - Gareth Jex
4. Ken Block Stages - i bought it! - Gareth Jex
5. Pembrey (if i can persuade Phil to bring it????) or Aberstone?
6. CNC SCX Logo - Gareth Jex

And as of last night possibly a sixth stage (with a new sponsor!!!) If it comes off i will take the Farnham Car Park stage.

If SRGB regulars (who can help on the day) could add their names to this thread i will arrange for free entrance passes - (ideally could you wear your championship polo shirts).

1. Gareth Jex
2. Jamie Coles
3. Matt Tucker
4. John Underwood
5. James Noake
6. Reserved
7. Luke Tyrrell
8. Wayne Gobel
9. Alan Davies
10. Phil Barry

I'm still in the process of obtaining cars to use on the day from our sponsors, but this is the goal;

1. SCX - Citroen DS3 or Ford Fiesta WRC
2. Avant Slot - Opel Manta
3. MSC - Metro 6R4
4. Scalextric - Ford RS200
5. Teamslot - Renault 5 Turbo
6. TBC

·
Phil B.
3,744 Posts
I`ll have a chat to the lads at club tonight. Camel track I think will be too difficult for people to navigate the hump. Pembrey is a the best bet, maybe in it`s new configuration, if we can get it all in Phil`s van or borrow Chris`s bigger one. Aberstone we can fall back on if plan A goes t*** up.

Cheers - Phil

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Deal sweetener for helpers - free entry + a free slotcar for your troubles (might be used!).

·
WRP World Champ 2015/2016
4,279 Posts
I'll happily put in two hours marshalling duty, but am keen to see everything else too!

If you don't fill up the ten all day slots with your offers of free entry and gift, give me a shout and I'll do a few hours "for the cause".

Good luck with it, I think you'll get loads of new fans for this branch of slotting.

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Matt i may well take you up on that offer - thanks.

Some of the sponsors are preparing their own cars, but the ones that are not - your magic touch would be really handy.

·
Phil B.
3,744 Posts
QUOTE (snurfen @ 29 Mar 2012, 13:37) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'll happily put in two hours marshalling duty, but am keen to see everything else too!

If you don't fill up the ten all day slots with your offers of free entry and gift, give me a shout and I'll do a few hours "for the cause".

Good luck with it, I think you'll get loads of new fans for this branch of slotting.

I`m hoping we`ll get enough volunteers to man the Wye Valley stage so we can all go and have a look. I don`t know if Mr F is involved with the manufacturers battle?

A great showcase for us, maybe we can do a display board with pics of our rally tracks and Aberstone circuit, if you`ve got any ideas feel free

Cheers - Phil

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Excellent idea Phil - we will have space at rally HQ for a pic display.

In fact in addition to the magazine being produced for the festival (with club listings) it would be great if the hosting clubs from SRGB could bring along some club promotion flyers or posters - we can display it at rally HQ.

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
QUOTE (mtucker666 @ 29 Mar 2012, 12:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Gareth
if you want a hand tuning the cars so they run smoothly and hopefully robustly then I will happiliy help out.

Matt

If I help with the marshalling can I have one of the used cars that Matt set up!!!!!

I'll be there, can be early for set up if nessecary, as wife is goint to London and will drop me off on the way past, hopefully inside the gate!

Simon

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh no - not outside - inside (where SCX was last year) - only space for one pop up tent.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.