SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,364 Posts
SlotRallyGB is proud to announce the next 1;32 scale resin kit will be available soon!

Over the last six months lots of research has been completed to try to capture as much detail as possible with the goal of producing a kit that be made up into as many versions of the car as possible including the Group B, Group A and road going versions of the car.

The kit will be avalable with 8 livery options (the Monte option comes with both drivers decals) plus several other non standard special liveries.

Each kit will come with all the parts shown (plus flat formed vac windows) - regardless of the need for the particular livery picked.

(master build prior to production)

The bodies and parts are in the very final stages of production and will be delivered to me this week, only after I have personally built each and every livery will they be made available for sale (I like to check everything fits before they go on sale).

46 models will be made - no more - 10 will be set aside for my own collection and that of the master builder Martin.

The body has been designed to fit a PCS32 Chassis and comes ready to mount with body posts in the right place.

I will update this post and others with photos of the completed models as soon as I can.

Gareth

·
Premium Member
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Grey Friday!
Christmas comes early!

The 46 resin kits arrived today from the manufacturing company.

That's my weekend plans ready - rub down, prime, paint and decal 8 kits! - dont hold your breath!

Gareth

·
Premium Member
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So weekend plans did not go as expected - too many parties!

However - good news the vac formed windows and interior tray have arrived.

Off for the Xmas break soon with luck several days of slot building, painting etc.

Merry Christmas everyone.

·
Premium Member
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So Xmas is over and the first of several days off.

Painting in sub zero temp is not ideal, but needs must. Eight bodies primed and first/second coats of paint - too dark to paint anymore today, but more in the morning.

·
Premium Member
5,364 Posts
Work is progressing (slowly) on the various decals and paint. I have had to tinker with the decals several times to adjust the sizes etc (that's one of the reasons I dont put them up for sale until I have built each livery), but they are getting there. Interiors and chassis etc next weekend.

SRGB_0501_RAC_1985_Progress_Test

SRGB_0504_Bohimia_2012_Progress_Test

SRGB_0506_Kostelec_2013_Progress_Test

SRGB_0507_Monte_1987_Progress_Test

SRGB_0508_Wartburg_museum_Progress_Test

SRGB_0509_RAC_1984_Progress_Test

Three more to start - I printed the decals over the weekend and hope to finish the decals/painting during this week (fingers crossed).

Gareth

·
Premium Member
5,364 Posts

SRGB is pleased to announce that the next limited edition resin kit is in production. Martin has started the master for this most unusual rally car.

The Audi Group S Prototype never actually competed in any competition - in fact the real car only has 12 km on the clock! Created during the Group B era as the follow on to the Quattro, the project was cancelled when Group B was canned by the FIA and Audi instructed that the prototype be destroyed.

Thankfully - it wasn't and it now resides in a museum.

It is a monster! 1000hp, mid-engine, hyper light weight body, four wheel drive.

There is only one livery, but it's been restored in recent years and have two different types of wheels fitted and some panels replaced/painted - both versions will be possible with the SRGB kit.

In a departure from previous SRGB models this model is being designed to fit onto a Scalextric (Hornby) chassis (as well as a PCS32 chassis) this is for a simple reason. We hope that by the time the model is offered for sale a Slot.it/Shapeways chassis will be available and (fingers crossed) the Slot.it four wheel drive system will fit inside.

We hope to have the master on display at the UK SlotCar Festival in May and then the kits ready for sale during the summer.

Gareth

·
Premium Member
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

SRGB are pleased to announce the next limited edition resin slot rally car kit as the Triumph TR2.

Ref SRGB-0700 - there are 7 liveries planned including;

RAC Rally 1954
Alpine Rally 1955
Mille Miglia 1954
Rome-Liege 1955
Mile Miglia 2009
Historic Monte Carlo 2011
TBC

Once again Martin Field has made the master for SRGB.

Starting with a block of Ureol, Martin hand carves the basic shape, before sending to Steve Francis for slush mould, resin master to be made.

This slush master is then used to refine and add details to the exterior and interior - including the positions of the body posts.

We are still working on the final chassis set up - looking at options of front motor/rear drive along with standard Slot Classic/PCS32 chassis combos.

The final model kits will feature, roof down, soft top and hard top parts with every kit, detailed interior including dash (LHD and RHD), white metal window frames and detailed resin parts along with decals and photo etched parts etc.

The master will be on display at the UK Slot Car Festival in May wearing a temporary coat of paint.

Production of the 46 bodies will take place over the summer with models going on sale in the Autumn.

Once the TR2 master has been used for production we will amend it to make a further run of TR3's in rally liveries.

Thanks for looking.

Gareth

·
Premium Member
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Happy days!

30 body kits back from the manufacturers today. (photo etched parts and vac formed parts still to be made).

I'm going to make up 10 as RTR the rest will be sold as kits.

Main Body

Interior parts

Smaller parts in white metal

part assembled interior

Underside with Scalextric Lancia Delta S4 chassis (adapted).

Now for some primer and paint!

Gareth

·
Bob Chapman
8,814 Posts
So Gareth whats the latest from the Rally Resin World, any little secrets in the wings.
New plans for 2015 and 2016. ?

Bob

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.