SlotForum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Details of an event based in Slough UK.

Slough SlotCar Swapmeet and Show Sunday 16th May 2004.

The NSCC will be exhibiting at this event with a display of collectable slot cars, a SCX/Ninco fastest lap/rally circuit and the Carrera 4 Lane Championship circuit.

This is the first Open round of the NSCC Championship, so if your not a member of a local race club this is your first chance to enter the Championship. It's also a chance to check out the Carrera circuit and get to know it for the finals?

All the Championship cars will be available to NSCC members to use on the Carrera track.

The event is an open event (public) but there is a discount for NSCC and Racer members so don't forget your cards.

There will be a prize draw for new NSCC members signing up on the day, prizes for the fastest lap compition and of course the winner will be the first invited finalist to the Championship finals next year.

There will also be other tracks and displays as well as a slot swapmeet.

Doors open at 10.30 and shut at 15.30.

For full details and a map etc:

http://www.westwoodmodels.com/slough.htm

Hope to see you there.

Gareth

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
A bit too far away for me to escape (with or without family) for a day. All the best, Gareth. Hope you have a great day.

Mark.

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With a bit of luck we should also have an SCX Digital display track for you all to play on at Slough.

Gareth

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Couple of bits of info for those planning to come to the event.

The SCX Digital track has arrived and will on display at the event for you all to use.

Those of you wishing to enter the NSCC Championship at the event, could you try to remember to bring your NSCC membership cards with you please it will save a huge amount of time on the day, plus you save money on entry.

Whose of you who are not members yet, come and sign up on the day, there might be something in it for you!!??

Gareth

·
Premium Member
5,558 Posts
No follow up posts? Didn't anybody else from these parts go then? I know Scott and Mr Material were going but I missed them - my chitty was only good for an absence of 2 hours!

Well, I quite enjoyed myself helping young Jon (Slotcity) on his busy stall and relieving punters of their dosh - hope I didn't screw up on the change too often.
Actually, you owe me 30p, Jon - I had to dip into my own pocket to give one guy some change! It was just like old times being behind the counter.

Nice to meet you Mr Jexy, sorry I didn't have time to stay and chat but see above. I almost completely forgot to look in on the Digital display and, I regret to say, I didn't have a go: I waited a few minutes whilst some kiddies enjoyed themselves with it but it became clear they were not going to handover the throttles very soon, so I left. Interesting thing was, I didn't see 'em do a single lane change! They were too busy just charging around.

Scary thing was, I didn't buy myself a single car! I was tempted but I was strong - too many new items pending release but I did snap up a new Fly Lola for £15 for a friend.

All in all, an excellent effort for the first Slough event. See you next year?

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Regarding lowish number of posts here - it might be a thought for the future to drop a quick post on the main forum, pointing people to this sub-forum. I know I sometimes miss checking myself and possibly others do too?

·
Registered
317 Posts
I was there... Got there first thing, but was keeping a low profile as I had my wife in tow.

Had a go on the SCX Digital track and enjoyed it, hope the Scalextric digital track measures up to it!

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good to meet Wankel on Sunday - Scott arrived about half an hour after you left!

Give me a day or so and i can write a bit more - too busy at work - sorry.

Gareth

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here are the other photos:

If this works it's all down to Mr M who is sitting on my shoulder helping me to post photos!

Gareth
NSCC

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lotus the 1/32 giant booklet obstacles were very very tricky, i asked for 1/32 scale snow, but this is what turned up!

Ken Webb? - is he the chap who sell the Roboclean and kelvin light stuff?

Gareth

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
In association with Slot 32. He's the 'since the 1960's' bit, although I think he might be from the 1860's...

I don't get along all that well with him, to say the least...

Lotus

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Now you can see the photos:

We used the Carrera track for the first open round of the Championship running a fastest lap comp. (this is the actual track layout that will be used at the finals)

10 timed laps with supplied Carrera Ferrari Enzo's (all mags left on). Cars were oiled and run for several laps to bed everything in.

The fastest two competitors "Jacob Wright" and "John Watts" set times of 4.87sec and 4.97sec respectively and are the first two invitees to the finals next year. Jacob's time was set towards the beginning of the day and John's towards the end.

The cars performed very well throughout the day, even with hundreds of offs (some very high speed into the showcases!) wing mirrors obviously went flying, but the four cars survived the day (we did have to replace one braid). After a big off we did occasionally had to flick the polarity switches.

We plan to take either the Scalextric Hornby or/and the SCX track to the next open round date and venue TBC.

Well done to Jacob and John.

Gareth

The SCX Digital track is the one Jamie looked after all day!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts