SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am trying out various chassis ideas for my 1/43 rally cars and would like as much interior detail as possible. I am having some success with a brass sidewinder chassis in Porsche 904 and 911s, but would like to use similar chassis in slightly narrower cars.

I was thinking of using sidewinder layout but look for a gear with a narrower boss so that it can be used in a narrower car. Then I started looking at anglewinder gears as this layout would also have the same effect. I have been looking on line, but I have not been able to find any gear dimensions, just the number of teeth. I would need gears with a maximum diameter of 15mm, does anyone know if there are any such gears available please?

Regards, Lloyd

·
Nobby Berkshire
2,015 Posts
NSR do smaller diameter sidewinder axlegears and larger diameter motor gears. Drop an email to any good stockist with your exact requirements.

You can also by gearing systems through any good electronics retailer who sell small motors. Maplins in the UK is an example. But how you'll get them on the axles will need some thought.

·
Premium Member
2,143 Posts
Metal 15mm dia spur gears are available from Betta, they are 64dp and range from 33 to 40 tooth.
Pinion to suit come with 6 to 13+ tooth so you shouldn't have problems with gear ratio's.
They used to also do these gear as solder on instead of having the boss and grub screw, not sure if these are still available.
[oneofwos]

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
If you want a slightly smaller 64 pitch slot car gear go for a Cahoza 35 t spur - 14.7mm diameter and fit the standard 3/32 axles. They work fine in anglewinders. Won 0 Won have them in stock
As John says, 64 pitch pinions for a wide range of ratios are available.

·
Vendor
2,926 Posts
Hi
We (Slot.it) make small AW gears, GA1524-pl, GA1525-pl, GA1526-pl. boss is 2.5mm, crown 1.2mm thick
I can send you the link to the page of our site if you wish

Hope this can help

Regards
Maurizio

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Hi, what diameter are the slot-it AW gears and in-line gears? is there a chart somewhere?, I can only find diameters for sidewinder gears on your site.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have just looked at my 1/32 bits and found that I had a Slot It anglewinder gear that will just fit with the Porsche tyres, but does not allow for too much tyre wear! I will build up a chassis to test it but, pushing my luck, has anybody come accross anything smaller?

Regards, Lloyd

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Hi Lloyd, HPC do a vast range of gears, here's a link to their spur grear range for 64DP in metal and Delrin here.

A quick look suggests smaller diameters are available but the Delrin range only come with a metric bore so different axles or sleeving the larger gear might be required but 1.5/2mm bore is fine for the smaller, motor shaft gear.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts