Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just wanted to check on roughly how many people are thinking of entering, so I can make some arrangements.

So if you have a car on the go, or are planning on building one, please register acknowledgement here. Add you car(s) and which class you aim on entering.

For those who have no idea what I'm talking about see here: Small Car Proxy Post

Cheers guys,

McLaren

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Definitely want to enter, Mac, but I see the Lotus 23 ain't listed. Could I make a plea for it? Or I'll go with the Elite...

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got a pic or general size comparison?

What class do you think it should run in?

If you don't have a pic or something then I guess I trust you to go along with the spirit of the comp.

McLaren

·
Alan Tadd
4,029 Posts
I'll enter my Jagermeister Mini Clubman.

Howmet...I've got a resin Elite, waiting to get underway.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Got my PCB from Maplin a few days ago. Hoping to enter a mini if I can find a duffed up cheapo one. Otherwise I might build a modern mini using the Scalextric kit. Or a Xzylon

So that could be class 1,2 or 3

Btw, do these have to be hard shell or can vaccies be entered

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The rules don't state, so you can use whatever, so long as it's 1/32, and small.

Look forward to seeing one for each class then John...

McLaren

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
Made my start on the KdF-Wagen tonight, getting the resin body trimmed and polished ready for primer.

Hmmm, there's some subtlety to this resin lark isn't there? I pride myself on having a pretty sharp knife but still needed to give it some welly every now and again. The result? I had bits of bumper pinging off left, right and centre - there's now a putty overrider on the back as the other one disappeared under the sink someplace.

The temptation was strong just to give up and buy a Pink Kar body to modify, but I'm through the other side - though McLaren, if you could avoid crashing on any right-handers I'd be very grateful! Either that or I'll have a pre-war Baja coming home in a box!

·
Alan Tadd
4,029 Posts
JP....I've got a spare Clubman shell if you want one, yellow with a nice checkerboard roof....tasty....

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
If myself and GRAH1 can get our collective heads together, I should have a Merc SLK turning up via one of his many pound shop forays

Cheers,
Mark.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Superb!

Come on Diff, we need details...

We've heard (briefly) about Graham's lolly pop car, but what's yours going to be made of?

McLaren

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Just noticed that sneaky post while I was posting...

Nice one Graham.... any pics of the top yet?

Also just checking that you remembered the rule about tyres only poking out by 1mm either side, and that arches can't be extended in the Sports Class 3?

McLaren

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Maclaren-
The Lotus 23 is an open sports, so I guess class 3. O/A width is slightly less than a Mini- 48mm, w/b 70.3mm. The whole car is considerably smaller than a Xylon, in fact.
Let me, let me, let me. Oooh sir please sir

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Mine may be made of conduit (possibly just the motor mount dropped into the original plastic chassis). It remains to be seen... ermm,, yes of course it remians to be seen because I've not got the car yet LOL!

Mark.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Count me in with my Arii Mazda R360 Coupe for Class 1 I think (it is like the mini Subarus on this forum).

Will post pics tonight...

Cheers

Mark

1 - 20 of 37 Posts