SlotForum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the upgrade, using the lap tower, I saw on the practice mode screen (with ones with
the message "press throttle trigger to go"), thats it is not clean up after first lap...

the updates/refresh only happens on lines of car lap times, letting the "dirt" (old message)
on the background, making difficult the comprehension of the informations.

Note: I believe the firmware has corrected most serious problems like the "lap time" issue,
but still needs to be polished to solve this "presentation problem" (and|or) compatibility
issue with the original hardware (lap tower).

Thanks

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Andrew, thanks all the blood 'n sweat gone into the new 1.08 APB firmware.

Not really a" problem" as all seems to work fine but there's just a little thing on the tower display at start up. I don't see "Basic" (or Pro) appear, but you still see "Mode SEL" at the bottom and hitting the right arrow selects Pro ok as before.

Also, the "PBPRO" message on line 1 disappears after a couple of secs, but the" 01.008", on line 2, remains until it's overwritten by running a car on id2/lane2 or by hitting a button. I imagine it's only a "clear display" type command missing?

No big deal though and everything in the racing & menus seems to work as expected. Great job.

Chris
PS Can you wave your magician's wand and add colour to v2.0
-does anyone else remember seeing Raymond Baxter demonstrating it on Tomorrow's World in the days of B&W tellys

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Just to clarify the other display issue raised by the OP - there's some words remaining on the race screens as well as the lap times with "go, go, go" not clearing from the empty rows after the start, and a couple of 8s appearing at the end of the race in each non-used line.

·
WRP World Champ 2015/2016
4,279 Posts
Top effort Andy with his glamorous assistant Riko (runs and hides behind my SSDC PC).

Look forward to testing this tonight, will bear in mind wbrione and chris' comments.

Yes I do Chris. Do you remember what date it was on? Early in the fourth month, I seem to recall.

(AN ASIDE: I went to book a Microsoft course on Friday for "System Centre Configuration Manager", the training manager sent my request back this morning saying "Mart, what's this SSDC course you want to go on?". Whoops.)

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
QUOTE (awallace @ 20 Feb 2012, 12:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm guessing that it is some kind of buffer overrun on the serial line, because it doesn't always happen. I will look into it.
The two things I mentioned do happen consistently on my APB. Not a priority though.

QUOTE (snurfen @ 20 Feb 2012, 11:53) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yes I do Chris. Do you remember what date it was on? Early in the fourth month, I seem to recall.
No idea Martyn, how on earth can you remember the month? Must be one of the few things that hasn't made it onto Youtube. Did find one with Susan Stranks though (on Magpie)

Cheers
Chris

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
Was that the one where they were trying to create colour by flashing lines at different frequencies? Or something like that...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm back to version 1.07... until then, it works perfectly...

no display problems with the "c7042 tower"... and without "perceptible" missing laps... for me... perfect !!!

I did the 1.08 upgrade because release notes info... but, at the end, I did not saw improvements.

I am hope that this be fixed soon.

QUOTE (wbrione @ 20 Feb 2012, 05:06) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>After the upgrade, using the lap tower, I saw on the practice mode screen (with ones with
the message "press throttle trigger to go"), thats it is not clean up after first lap...

the updates/refresh only happens on lines of car lap times, letting the "dirt" (old message)
on the background, making difficult the comprehension of the informations.

Note: I believe the firmware has corrected most serious problems like the "lap time" issue,
but still needs to be polished to solve this "presentation problem" (and|or) compatibility
issue with the original hardware (lap tower).

Thanks

·
Andrew Wallace
1,100 Posts
ok - just posted 1.09.
I rolled back to v1.07 and added switchable AUX transmission and improved the car ID calculations - it was the fastest way to get a fully functional version.
I will, over time, start to improve the code as there are quite a few chunks of inefficient/dead code that can be improved/removed - but at least we all have a version that should be solid.

·
Circuit Owner
5,892 Posts
QUOTE (chris99 @ 20 Feb 2012, 11:41) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>No idea Martyn, how on earth can you remember the month? Must be one of the few things that hasn't made it onto Youtube. Did find one with Susan Stranks though (on Magpie)

Cheers
Chris

Chris - I think you will find it was the earliest possible date in the 4th month

Has the penny dropped yet?

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
QUOTE (Mr Modifier @ 21 Feb 2012, 12:39) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Chris - I think you will find it was the earliest possible date in the 4th month

Has the penny dropped yet?

Duh, depends which calendar you're working too - this was pre-decimalisation when calculating 10 guineas in LSD was A levels Maths

Back on topic, I don't think this was it but maybe a similar idea?

Anyway, we"ll soon have a glorious multicoloured APB tower replacement courtesy of RichG's VGA connection

1 - 14 of 14 Posts