SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Consider this a teaser for what is coming up in the very near future.

***** THE SMART SYSTEM *****

I am now in the final stage of developing the SmartSystem 1.0. Then SmartSystem is a midleware that sits between the RMS(RCS64, SSDC or PCLC) and the physical devices (APB and SmartSensor). The SmartSystem hijacs the communication to these devices and add a bunch of possibilities:

- You can have as many pitlanes as you like.
- You can have as many S/F lines as you like.
- You can run the SmartSensor in SS mode even on SSDC and PCLC for added Pit stability.
- You dont need to have the S/F where the powebase is located. actually you can remove the APB it from the track and only connect with wires to the track or just disable the sensors.
- 100% compatible with all existing SmartSensors (however their might be a need for a new FW but this will be managed by the SmartSystem app)
- Powerbase simulation for debug, test and learning (Run RMS software without being near your track)
- Minimum extra requirement for the PC running RMS (Win 7 and up)
- Runs on your existing computer
- All attached SmartSensors will have enabled StartLight
- Step 1 in a platform for a lot of future development
- Free :)

The system is to begin with a stand alone program, but its developed for a 100% integration into any RMS (current plan for integration into RCS64)

I hope your all will like the new possibilities this will give your track

Kåre

·
Mr. Olufsen
1,212 Posts
Hi Kåre!

Happy New Year
Intriguing news, can't wait!

/Christian

·
ParrotGod
8,372 Posts
Hi Kare
If you was middleware you are meaning a software solution. No extra hardware required?

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Grunz

You need the SmartSensor(s) but beside this no other HW is needed. The system is installed on the computer runing your RMS, and will communicate to the RMS using virtual Com-ports installed with the SmartSystem.

Any additional SmartSensor will give you the possibilities of a extra pit (in + out) of two extra S/F lanes.

I know that RCS64 team is looking into sectortiming, this sytem will also support this, so you can configure any SmartSensor or the APB as Sector timer.

I will probably also throw in virtual SmartSensors, so you can add any number of virtual SmartSensors that only exist as a window on the computer.

·
ParrotGod
8,372 Posts
Let's see if I got this right: we are not talking about the MegaSmartSensor here (I believe you have aborted that project). What are we talking here is a piece of software that allows you to have more than one SS on the same track and use for different functionality (one SS for pit sensing, one SS for S/F line, one SS for sector timing, etc) all running at the same time on the same track. You middleware receive the data from the different SSes and marshal for the RMS.

Still I am not sure what the virtual SS will help me accomplish...

Anyway, it sounds really cool. I will be visiting Gotenburg later this year so I might buy a couple of SSes from you to send across the bridge ;-)

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Grunz

You got it :)

The virtualSmartSensor is for the number 1 reason of them all.... Because I can :)

Remember your pasport going into sweden, I hear its cracy there :) And Ill make sure to keep a stockpile of SmartSensors for you :)

·
ParrotGod
8,372 Posts
I am an EU citizen (at least that what say it)...do we need passport now?
Anyway, I am travelling from New Zealand so I need to carry the passport all the time.

Sure that you can...but still I do not get the functionality of the virtual SS. ;-)

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Because of the refugee influx into Sweden, they have closed the borders, and you need valid travel documentation to enter, so yes you need a passport, eu-driverlicens, or some Swedish ID-card to get into Sweden now. They check every person who enter, by car, train ferry etc.

I agree with the virtualSmartSensors, however they might be good for debug or just to learn the system. But it has absolutely no value when racing.

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
I see you sell the sensors in pairs. Does this include the box with the RJ45 connector and do you need one of these for every paid, I.e one for the 4 lane start and anothe for pit in and pit out?

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
One SmartSensor (black box with 6 leds and 1x RJ45) has two physical sensors. These two sensors can now be used for Pitin/Pitout or to have two S/F lanes. If you add the two sensors along side your existing APB you will have 4 S/F lines.

With the SmartSystem, you can use the APB for 2xS/F or 1x Pitin or 1x pit-out (or disable the sensors)

Al in all the system will now be very flexible, and can adapt to every need as far as I can see.

I will make some Images on my website and post an update here when its ready.

Smartracing.dk

·
Bob Chapman
6,950 Posts
Very interesting design Kare.
Best of Luck
Bob

·
Administrator
10,133 Posts
Nice! I love all new developments.
Lots of ideas for using this. Disable power on a 2nd powerbase for a very very easy 4 lane start for example.

BTW I offered two Pit-Pro's slaved together when we first started it and had no takers.

Go Kare Go!

(Velcome on the website should start with a W)

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Will you be showing these off at the UKSF?

I gather each black box goes back to a USB port on your PC which also powers the sensors, what the power needed for each black box, I gather it's minimal so shouldn't overload a board of two or more are connected or would you recommend an external
Powers USB hub?

I see these being great as 4 lanes with a pit lane and two or four sectors for timing when this part is implemented.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts