SlotForum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Ok really having problems loading drivers for smart sensor. using window 7 and the SmartSensorUtility and have 0 luck getting anything to work only thing get is error message saying fw upgrade failed check the board. go into device settings and computer sees the cable and that is it. did I get a faulty board? tryed using links in the manual and still no go on the drivers.

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
hello all..

I will be purchasing RCS64 and some smart sensors and and I need so help if you don't mind....

These are the functions I really want most..
1) pit lane speed limiting
2) laps to be able to be counted in each of the following designs

I'm a newbie to the world of slot racing and don't know where to place these sensors, so in the photo I have added some coloured circles where I believe I need to place them to make things clearer. Are my designs right? Am I correct in saying that in ''design B'' I will four smart sensors?

Kind Regards
Silvio

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
In any case, you only need 2 sensors, pit in and out.
You have to tell the software if your SF is parallel to the pitlane. If so, and you passed the pit in sensor, RCS knows it has to add a lap.

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
thank you Minardi for educating me.. I understand.

Looking at my 'design C', it is a 3 lane track and the SF is not parallel to the pitlane, so is a smart sensor required at the yellow circle to count the lap for cars on that lane?

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Hi

I you buy one SmartSensor, you will get both a pitin and a pitout sensor. 1 SmartSensor = 2 track sensors. I can put some extra tape in the bag, so you can do some experimenting, on hove your layout works best for you. RCS64 and SmartSensor support all of you 3 layouts :). In my own layout I have an equelient to C, with limitations of Pitlane speed.

Please ask again, if I can do more for you.

Kindly

Kåre

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Hello Kare,

I see you live in Denmark, great country, I lived and worked in Arhus and Odense for about 9 months. the winter was a lot colder than I am use too, so I had to run away!

Thank you for your offer of more help. I will send you a pm later today and we can arrange what I need to purchase.

Regards
Silv

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Regretting not getting a set before the pounds value dropped but hey what can you do.

What is the usually delivery time between order and delivery to the UK

Also, what is the longest lead lead a sensor can go on and the longest USB, it will help me with some planning.

Thanks

Colin

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Hi

Usually it will take about a week, but not gurantied, it can take longer

I have a 5 meter sensor option, giving you 5m from the "box" to each sensor, so you can have up to 10 meters between the sensors.¨

The smart Sensor is delivered with 30cm usb cable, but it can be changed to up to 5 meter usb (A-B standard printer cable), and with active usb cable up can go up to 25 meters I belive. these extra cables you need to get as I cant deliver those.

I hope this is the info you need, if not write to me again.

Kåre

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi All

I'm trying to get my head around this, I have been away for sometime but my track is still fixed up ready to go. Need some help and advice.

I currently am running RCS64, I have Pit Pro already and I have only one USB slot left on my laptop.

I want to use 2 / 3 smart sensors to create sector timing but also to benefit the pace cars.

Can it be done, what do I need?

All the best everyone

·
Greg Gaub
15,076 Posts
I think we're still waiting for the hardware, and I know we're still waiting for the software. None of the Scalextric Digital RMS support sector timing or calibrated pace cars with any of the proposed hardware sensing systems. At least, not unless I missed an important announcement somewhere.

·
Prof I T
11,172 Posts
Hi
Ssdc is proposing to use Locator Pro (Scorpius wireless chip) for sector timing,pace car calibration and pit sensing and s/f line if needed,but we need the Mk2 version to become available.

Mk1 had Id problems with #5 & #6.

Last time I heard team rcs had declined any further development with Locator pro?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the replies.

I know RCS64 mentioned sector timing at one point but it needed smart mega sensor went on hold but now I see the SmartsensorSystem so I thought you could put a fees of those down and jobs a goooden...I've been out with other things so just trying to catch up, I will think I'll hold off ordering any sensors just yet then.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts