SlotForum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
SHAZBOT! A couple of days ago I was having trouble with my Pacer, and I slammed my Scalextric C2118 Imprezza 22B into a 1:1 brick wall at a scale speed approaching 500mph.

The car stood up to the impact well, with the exception of the boot spoiler which shattered into at least a dozen small fragments. I've scoured the 'net, but the only Impreza rear wing I can find is the 2006 version (W8721). I managed to get the bottom section of the smashed wing off the car and it's marked L7998. I've tried Googling "Scalextric L7998" and all it comes-up with in English is a service sheet. I somehow don't think the 22B will look right with the W8721 on it.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a possible source for a replacement L7998, please? I've looked on Pendle's website and Scalextric Car Restorations but can't find anything litsed. There are plenty of 22B Imprezas on eBay, but it seems a shame to scrap mine when the rest of it is sound.

I think I'll eventually need a wing for my C2412 2001 Impreza as well. The previous owner has had an incident or two with it and it's been badly Superglued. That one isn't listed on the service sheet, it just says "Rear Spoiler not illustrated" and doesn't quote a part number.

TIA
Stuart.

·
Registered
985 Posts
With old F1's I got a ATORS shipyard to make replacements using 3D cad and Shapeways. Cost is about £1.5 but of course you have to paint it and theirs a min order. You just need to measure and draw it.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that.

I have wondered, over-night, about buying another car with an intact wing off eBay and finding someone to take a mould off the wing and making repros. There are plenty of cars on eBay with broken wings, so there's probably a market - if the price isn't too high.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
QUOTE (StuBeeDoo @ 19 Sep 2011, 22:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I somehow don't think the 22B will look right with the W8721 on it.

I think I'll eventually need a wing for my C2412 2001 Impreza as well.
I've managed to get the badly fitted wing off the C2412 and have fitted it to the C2118 with double-sided tape. I bought a W8721, and with the locating pegs removed it's a perfect fit (double-sided tape again) on the C2412. The latter combination may end-up being permanent, as it looks "right".

I did try the W8721 on the C2118 and it fits just was well as it does on the later car and doesn't look as bad as I feared. As a last resort, I may buy another......... A possibility for a future fantasy re-livery job methinks.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (StuBeeDoo @ 20 Sep 2011, 22:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've managed to get the badly fitted wing off the C2412 and have fitted it to the C2118 with double-sided tape. I bought a W8721, and with the locating pegs removed it's a perfect fit (double-sided tape again) on the C2412. The latter combination may end-up being permanent, as it looks "right".

I did try the W8721 on the C2118 and it fits just was well as it does on the later car and doesn't look as bad as I feared. As a last resort, I may buy another.........
I took some 'photos, if anyone's interested.........

You all know what the C2118 looks like. This is the only photo I have of mine before the wing smashing incident.

This is what the car looks like with the spoiler off the C2412.

Yes, the colour match is slightly off. It's not the best of fits, but then it isn't on the C2412, either. I think Hornby skimped on it a bit.

.......and now, with the C2491/C2550/C2587 wing (W8721)

Now the C2412. Original.......

See what I mean about the way it fits?

And with the later wing.......

I think the later wing suits it. It will be staying.

Any comments, favourable or otherwise??

I've actually ordered more W8721 wings. I'm going to attempt to remove the 4 centre uprights, repaint it and fit it to the C2118 in the hope it will look a bit more "period".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts