SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a picture of this car I found earlier with the title "When men were men and women were widows!" I had never seen the car in person but knew of it--those who are fortunate enough to visit Goodwood will have seen the car there in years past. Love the car (when inovation was a common practice at Indy) and might try to make some drawings--but that is wishful thinking at this point, Enjoy and be glad you are not in the sidepod at speed on an oval track WITH really hard walls!!!

There are some more shots of suspension and the like at:bucket

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It did not end up making it as far as qualifying. It is said that the driver had problems adjusting to both the dirver position and the handling characteristics of the car, finally parking it into the wall. I have always heard that it would not have been allowed to qualify for some strange reason!

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
QUOTE (dgersh @ 18 Jul 2012, 04:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>it looks really dangerous!

So is motorcycle sidecar racing!

QUOTE ...be glad you are not in the sidepod at speed on an oval track WITH really hard walls!!!

Like the really hard walls at the Isle of Man?

I like Smokey's attitude towards rules. If it doesn't say you can't.....

·
Ray
1,093 Posts
Wow that would have been a handful to drive, and very dangerous.

Thanks for the photos

Ray

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.