Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Leading on from a thread on SCI, I find it interesting that although, no doubt, the new Scalextric MotoGP bikes will not have tobacco company liveries, they are listed as such on the 2004 pre-order list:

6001 Honda Camel 2003, Max Biaggi
6002 Honda Camel 2004, Mako Tamada
6004 Yamaha Gauloises 2003, Alex Barros
6005 Yamaha Gauloises 2004, Valentino Rossi
6006 Yamaha Fortuna, Carlos Checa
6008 Ducati Marlboro # 1, Loris Capirossi
6009 Ducati Marlboro # 2, Troy Bayliss
5000 Racing Set Honda Repsol & Ducati Marlboro

It appears from the spy-shot that the Marlboro livery can easily be applied to the Ducati:

Kind regards

Russell

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
everything indicates NO to leaning in corners, including the scalextric spy shot above with the bike on a corner and sitting upright

·
Premium Member
5,393 Posts
Nice photos Russ.

Shame Margate didn't look closely at them before venturing ahead with this one: if they had done, they would have noted a detail from the bottom shot - that the bike is leaning into the corner - it kinda helps them get around bends since they lack the extra two wheels of a proper motor machine.

Dtype, take a closer look at Russ's Scaley picture, the guy has stabilisers fitted!

Hats off to the dude giving it a touch of opposite lock whilst cranked over at a jaunty angle like that. I know I deride bikes but I gotta say these guys have balls. That, or they are just mentalists.

·
Registered
339 Posts
"Hats off to the dude giving it a touch of opposite lock whilst cranked over at a jaunty angle like that. I know I deride bikes but I gotta say these guys have balls. That, or they are just mentalists."

I noticed that too. I'm thinking mentalists every time I watch a race.

·
John Roche
4,155 Posts
It's called countersteering, it's how bikes steer but not always with wheelspin :-0

Cheers,

John

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Scalextric do seem to have captured the detail of Valentino Rossi's Honda rather well (note that it is the 2002 bike, whereas the photo's below are of the 2003 bike):

Now this is leaning into a corner!

...and this is showing off!

Kind regards,

Russell

·
Registered
392 Posts
I think we have three options with these slot MotoGP :
first : they don't lean into corners, and it would be an awful sight for us, precision lovers;
second : they lean into corners proportionally with the speed, but in this case if the motorbike that runs on the inner lane is slower , and therefore don't lean, the other could hit it , as the models seem very big compared to the track;
three : they lean into corners aside from speed, with some mechanism connected to the pick up ( the best choice ? )

I am an old biker, so very curious to see these models in action; I think however that I will not buy them.
Ciao

·
Premium Member
5,393 Posts
QUOTE I lean over like that into corners!

Okay, so that confirms my opinion of you, Mope. You're a mentalist!

Happy New Year to you!

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
QUOTE Okay, so that confirms my opinion of you, Mope. You're a mentalist

nah, Mope have you got your knee down yet? I suceeded using pedal power and a tight bend the rear brake, got back up aswell, only to be thrown off the otherside
oh that was funny, not at the time but looking back!

Rob.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi there, I see Scalextric are making banked curves again. Could this have anything to do with making their bikes look like they are leaning over? It seems a strange accessory otherwise, given that most, if not all of their recent cars are not recommended for the old banked curves.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts