Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here we are myself and Lee who built the clubs Digital Oval
are chatting
as I am telling him about the MIH chip upgrades and how this stops the lost ID's
As for a club situation this would be great, but so far we have hardly had any ID losses
and considering how they have been driven that is pretty good

Then I ask him if he put the Ferrite man on both ends
ie: the Guide and the Motor when he says that we have NONE at ALL on any of the cars

As he didn't think they were needed as on the normal cars we race on the anoluge track

So how comes ours are so reliable yet others have so much problems

Michael

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
not at all important
..... I can do you a favour and take them off your hands for you, give them a home of sorts .......

Follow this LINK

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I know everyone says they are important but

I havent even upgraded any chips and we have had only 1 id loss last race meeting

and we ran 7 races of 50 laps each then again for 40 laps each heat

I was wondering as our track is braided and has perfect power all the way round does this reduce the noise and
standard track increases the noise ?

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
i tend to leave well alone and run them as factory cars until the wire or the metal prongs snap off then re work them mnus the ferrite chap.

Since rev g was released i have not seen any id losses or changes.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So last club night over 3000 yes Three Thousand laps were run
With NO ID losses and no ferite men in sight just plain scalex solder in saloon chips

So I am wondering if we do actually need them?

Michael:thumbsup:

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
........ and if your Ferrite men still need a good home ................ I'll give you a few bob for them

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
only chips that gave me constant grief were those rev F dpr ones....

The mih stuff is worth doing though if you like the look of the lighting features that come with the upgrade and once these elusive wireless throttles come along the excellent on the fly adjustable braking....

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have read MIH's posts and that is what I am really getting at that on our oval the conductivity is great so we dont have the noise issues a normal track would have

So a
to Lee for a fine job

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
or ....... you've just been lucky

Having said that, I sometime wonder after reading some of the earliest posts when digital was first appearing. It does seem that the quality has improved tremendously and not was not without a lot of effort from some very dedicated forumites on a mission.

yea - I've just invented a new forum level ......... FOAM - Forumites On A Mission

1 - 15 of 15 Posts