SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
I can ask 'cos I'm new around here

Whatever happened to TCR? I always thought that the lack of slots and unpredictability made it a better proposition, plus surely you're weren't so reliant on a couple of dangly braids?

Am I wrong?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I had a TCR as a lad - it was good fun!

I seem to remember having a truck racing set, with a police car.

Frustratingly they stopped making them about 6 months after I got my set, so it got relegated to the back of the wadrobe fairly quickly after I destroyed the contacts (Being even more of a technical muppett then Iam now - didn't think about trying to replace them!).

I always assumed the firm went bankrupt.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
The problem was that, in paying homage to the laws of physics, all the vehicles went to the outside of a curved piece of track, so that kind of buggered up the racing a bit

Mark.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
In hindsight I enjoyed TCR but it would probably be a mite dull now...

Barriers on the edges of the track meant that you couldn't really come off. It only got interesting when you added jumps and the slow, random-lane changing drone "jam cars" to steer around and by that time I suppose it was more of a novelty than a real alternative to the other, less radical, brands.

When me and my TCR-owning mate were little his Dad was a Bank Manager so said friend was rather spoilt as regards toys so we (well, his Dad) could afford for us to put metal Matchbox cars on the track to steer around! A bit destructive!

Coop

·
Registered
166 Posts
Did anyone notice the TCR set on top of the wardrobe in one of those crappy house relocation programmes last week ?

It was the one where a bloke from Nottingham and his wife had plans to build their first home rather than buy into the property ladder. They ended up having to buy a house anyway because they couldnt find any decent land to build on.

No ?...oh well !!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts