SlotForum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking back over the last 4 years of my club racing I wondered what moment stood out the most. Yes the first night at the old Meridian club wondering why the hell i was there. Would i ever get a car to go that fast around a corner. Having thought about it my first win is up there so is competing in the Wolves 24hr race. But i think it has to be my first A final win. It was the first night on thier wooden track at Presto Park. To be top dog for a night had me grinning all the way back to Norwich. I guess there will be other moments in the future but thats the one for now. So, Whats your's....

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
Crikey, will people ever run out of questions like this?

I need to think about this, but coming third in saloon at the Blackpool Open many years ago left me feeling euphoric.

·
Jon Grainger
3,825 Posts
Thats a tricky one John. As you said, the first race win is a superb feeling, I remember it was in my second week at Presto Park, and the nerves! I've never had the 'privledge' of winning an A Final yet, finsihed second alot, but as racing drivers say, its the first place of the loosers.

However, I would say, that I have two real highlights from my 'career'. The first has to be winning the 2009 Preto Junior Championship, it was my first trophy, and meant so much to a young guy. It was such a tough year, Alex was pushing me so hard, and I think we ended up something like 20 points between us at the end of the year.

However, my biggest highlight to date was to win the concours at this years Colchester TT meeting at the weekend. To feel that everyone thought my car looked better than anything else on the grid, ahead of such quality builders, was a great feeling, and like you said, I was grinning all the way home, and well into the evening! It's now got pride of place in my trophy cabinet, along with the other silverware I have amased over the last 18 months.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I've only been racing since January and have done five national and five club meetings. In that time the highlights are:

-2nd place in my second ever meeting in February at Worthing
-3rd place in the national F1 in my 3rd national meeting
-4th place in the HO Grand Prix at Gaydon and taking home a trophy
-Winning the A Final at my fourth club meeting. That medal means a lot to me!

And as of Sunday becoming Rookie of the Year in the Nationals and F1 Main Grade Minor champion.

Not a bad haul from ten meetings in all!

Cheers
Gareth

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Honestly, my biggest buzz is the guys at the ASSC asking me to host bigger and bigger races,

Winning one of them would probably feel good but hey, can't have everything.

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Not quite the sort of 'career' you lads have had being pretty much confined to home racing for the last 2 and a bit years. But there have been two memorable moments in that time.

In order of occurance:-
i) Getting within 0.02 sec of the track record on a friend's 1:24 track with his lightweight flexis (Yes... I have been to the dark side) after an evening imbibing in way too many bottles of Coonawarra red.
ii) Being published is right up there.
'Though, probably actually more thrilled about having several pages of photos of my track published than the article I wrote.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
I was thinking of what I'd achieved...
Then I read this interview with Vladimir Horky, he said the the high point of his slot racing career was winning his first world championship in 1993, the rest of the Czech team celebrated by throwing him in the fountain. For him that tops all his many world championship wins since.

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
QUOTE (Wraith @ 21 Jun 2011, 22:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Honestly, my biggest buzz is the guys at the ASSC asking me to host bigger and bigger races,

Winning one of them would probably feel good but hey, can't have everything.

I can confirm that winning the first ASSC 6 hour felt pretty
good.

My odd wins at SCHORC leave me feeling nicely elated too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts